The OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe promotes the implementation of OSCE principles and commitments, as well as the co-operation of the Republic of Tajikistan within the OSCE framework in all three dimensions. It is involved in a wide range of activities, ranging from counter-terrorism and Border Management projects to supporting cross-border markets and free economic zones, Human Rights, media development, and legal reform initiatives.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the overall supervision of the National Politico-Military Officer, the successful candidate will be tasked with the following duties:
1. Assisting the National Politico-Military Officer in drafting, monitoring and evaluation of projects falling under the Arms Control portfolio of the Countering Security Threats and Regional Cooperation (CSTRC) Unit. In consultation with the National Political and Military Officer and Countering Security Threats Officer, drafting Mission generated project proposals on Small Arms, Light Weapons (SALW) and Conventional Ammunition (CA) security and control issues, as well as the OSCE Confidence and Security Building Measures. In this light the incumbent will be responsible for:
a. Providing the Analysis of existing socio-political context in which the project will be implemented;
b. Providing the assessment on general compliance of the project with the Mission Mandate, as well as Tajikistan’s legislative norms and rules;
c. Providing the analysis of the efficiency of project methodology in existing socio-political environment;
d. Providing suggestions on possible improvement of project proposals;
e. Furnishing the detailed analysis of the project proposal in terms of its compliance with Mission project proposal templates and other technical requirements.
2. Monitoring the implementation of the projects (including on the site monitoring) and drafting reports on the implementation progress. Updating, monitoring and reporting on the Unit’s extra-budgetary project proposals. Overall, the incumbent supporting the cohesive and effective project implementation process by:
a. Ensuring that the project objectives are pursued as described in the project proposal;
b. Ensuring that no major deviation from the timetable occurs;
c. Co-operating with the implementing partners in effectively correcting the approach if needed;
d. Ensuring that the project narrative reports are generated timely and accurately and that they provide accurate information on the project activities and impact;
e. Providing guidance to the Implementing Partners regarding the Project Proposals and Narrative Reports preparation;
3. Maintaining the Local Project Database; Develop the Mission Partner Database, which would include the information regarding the Mission project partners;
4. Submitting purchase requests through the Integrated Resource Management Asset (IRMA);
5. Assisting in organizing official visits and conferences; Preparing travel requisitions, requests for personnel and procurement actions and other necessary financial, administrative and travel arrangements; Compiling background material and draft papers for seminars and conferences; Drafting as required correspondence, reports, evaluations, analyses and justifications, which may be of a confidential nature within the assigned area of responsibility;
6. Performing interpretations and translations from and to Tajik, Russian and English as directed by the National Politico-Military Officer and/or Countering Security Threats Officer;
7. Performing other duties as assigned.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Programme Office in Dushanbe, please see: http://www.osce.org/programme-office-in-dushanbe
- Secondary/Higher education supplemented by studies in security, arms control, border protection, fight against terrorism or military science or related field;
- Minimum four years working experience in project life-cycle management, including project monitoring and reporting, part of which should preferably have been in an international environment;
- Experience in organization of meetings, workshops, seminars and conferences; comprehensive knowledge of and experience working in project Administration;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based Management Systems would be an asset;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Russian and in Tajik languages;
- Possession of a valid driving license is desirable;
- Experience from field work outside Dushanbe, and a good knowledge of different regions of Tajikistan, is desirable;
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a Gender Perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
Monthly remuneration, subject to social security deductions is 754.00 EUR. Social benefits will include participation in the Cigna medical insurance scheme and the OSCE Provident Fund.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the OSCE's online application link found under https://vacancies.osce.org/.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise/re-post the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Only those candidates who are selected to participate in the subsequent stages of recruitment will be contacted.
Please note that vacancies in the OSCE are open for competition only amongst nationals of participating States, please see https://www.osce.org/participating-states.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the Organization.
Candidates should be aware that OSCE officials shall conduct themselves at all times in a manner befitting the status of an international civil servant. This includes avoiding any action which may adversely reflect on the integrity, independence and impartiality of their position and function as officials of the OSCE. The OSCE is committed to applying the highest ethical standards in carrying out its mandate. For more information on the values set out in OSCE Competency Model, please see https://jobs.osce.org/resources/document/our-competency-model.
Please note that for this position the OSCE does not reimburse expenses such as travel in connection with interviews, tests, visas and relocation.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.Additional Information