Role & Responsibilities
The ITS Project Manager (PM) / Business Analyst will be responsible for the implementation of IT projects that are a part of our strategy and mission. The ITS PM / Business Analyst will be a valuable part of the Global ITS Team, as we embark on a variety of large and small projects, covering infrastructure upgrades, software rollouts and new system implementations.
Medair’s Global Support Office (GSO) provides operational guidance for Country Programs, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters and affiliate offices, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programs, and to recruit international and HQ staff. Global ITS provides Medair with centralised governance, strategy, direction, innovation and support in the use of the information technologies that amplify the people-to-people strategy. Global ITS provides a centralised approach to ensure cost efficiency and integration, including country programs in the strategic Design of systems, and delivers services locally where practical to ensure that the day-to-day needs of our GSO and country program colleagues are met
Workplace & Working conditions
Global Support Office (GSO) position based in Lausanne, Switzerland. Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
Starting Date / Initial Contract Details
July 2023. Two-year fixed term contract – with possible extension
Key Activity Areas
- Plans and implements assigned projects according to authorised scope, goals and deliverables.
- Creates schedules and project timelines, and defines tasks and required resources.
- Monitors deliverables, provides corrective action, and reports to project steering committee.
- Supports and directs team resources including: planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counselling, and disciplining team members.
- Initiates, coordinates, and enforces systems, policies, and procedures.
- Leads effective project team meetings by stating agenda and goals.
- Presents to stakeholders and reports on progress as well as problems and solutions.
- Implements and manages change when necessary to meet project outputs.
- Proactively identifies roadblocks and risks, and takes the initiative to facilitate solutions.
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and Information Security and control structures.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing project budgets; scheduling expenditures; analysing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Verifies project results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Recommends Information Technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Identifies and prioritises technical and functional requirements, obtaining feedback and gaining approval to implement changes.
- Documents business requirements and creates detailed functional/technical system specifications.
- Creates policies, Standard Operation Procedure documents (SOPs) and user manuals in collaboration with process owners
- Translates business requirements into logical, component-based technical designs.
- Solution design with consideration UX & business process automation principles and data modeling techniques.
- Performs configuration / data migration / integration duties on select systems in accordance with project objectives.
- Creates and designs technical specification documentation
- The holder of this position is required to keep up-to-date on new IT methodologies, systems, applications, infrastructure and security and to encourage out-of-the-box thinking on how to best meet Medair’s needs with limited funding and resources
Team Spiritual Life
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks that are anticipated. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary.
- Degree in Information Management or other IT related field.
- PMP / PRINCE2 / Other Project Management Certification preferred.
- Agile Certification preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of the English language (speaking and writing). Ability to work in French desirable
- 3+ years’ IT Project Management experience is essential.
- 3+ years Business Analysis preferred
- 5+ years’ experience in systems operations and support, implementation and management of infrastructure systems support.
- Experience working in Agile teams preferred.
- Vendor Management.
- Experience operating in hybrid environments including in-house and outsourced operations and use of cloud-based services.
- Experience in setting up and supporting infrastructure in international NGOs operating in a variety of contexts – desirable.
All new deploying international staff to Medair’s Country Programmes (and other roles which require field travel) should be fully vaccinated with a WHO-approved COVID vaccine, supported with a COVID vaccination certificate as evidence.
How to apply
Please ensure you are fully aware of the:
a) Medair organizational values
b) Medair is committed to safeguarding the protection of beneficiaries, volunteers, staff and partners, and particularly children. Therefore, we do not employ staff whose background we understand to be unsuitable for working with children. Medair staff are required to give the utmost respect to, and comply with, Medair’s accountability policies and best practices.
c) Medair Relief & Recovery Orientation Course (ROC) (which forms part of the recruitment selection process for field positions).
To apply, go to this vacancy on our Medair Page.
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed.