For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM International Network has been operating in Ukraine since 2014, improving access to health care, especially providing comprehensive Primary Health Care (PHC), Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) and Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) services.
Since February 2022, MdM Spain is leading the country response for the network, while MdM-France is in charge of the operations in Southern Ukraine. The global strategy aims at ensuring the access to quality comprehensive healthcare services for the conflict-affected population in Ukraine.
In Southern Ukraine, MdM-France has set up its country office in Odessa and is establishing a base office in Mykolaiv. The program consists in supporting various local-based organization in the delivery of health services for people facing severe constraints to healthcare.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In the context of mission opening, you will be specifically in charge of:
- Defining and supervising the implementation of the mission’s human resources set-up
- Defining, adapting, planning and supervising the implementation of the mission’s human resources frameworks, procedures and policies while respecting the local context, local legislation and MdM policies and values
Your main responsibilities are the following:
Human resources management
- Establish and update an HR strategy in line with the mission strategy
- Participate in discussion on HR set-up and share recommendations
- Update the organisational chart of the mission by identifying different levels of responsibility alongside coordinators
- Participate to the identification of HR needs in terms of writing project proposals and any amendments
- Update and monitor the HR budget
- Participate and ensure the rolling out of the classification and salary grid
- Define, update, disseminate and supervise the implementation of the HR contractual framework for expatriates and the national staff
- Ensure the follow-up and check, of employment contracts, the monthly data salary, the income tax and social security monthly statements
- Monitor and follow-up the HR issues managed by the MdM’s legal Counsel
- Identify an health insurance services/contracts for national staff and their dependents as well as a psychological support services/contracts
- Develop and/or update HR existing tools and supervise their implementation in the mission
- Establish, update and ensure compliance of the recruitment processes and procedures
- Deploy and monitor the evaluation schedule for national staff (integration briefings, end of trial period, annual appraisal interview, exit interview, etc.)
- Advise line managers on resolving conflicts between members of staff including PSEA according to national procedures and MdM protocol
- Manage the disciplinary procedures
Team management & Capacity Building
- Recruit the staff under your direct or technical responsibility
- Ensure proper induction, capacity building and job training to HR team members
- Develop individual action plans and proceed to regular professional evaluations of the team
- Organise and conduct HR department meetings
- Develop and conduct HR management training on specific topics
- Organise presentation/information sessions on code of conduct, PSEA and Child Abuse policies
Communication & Reporting
- Participate to the monthly mission’s situation report compiled by the Coordinator" id="link" class="link">General Coordinator
- Elaborate HR Reports and contribute to all other reports by providing relevant data
- Contribute to the monthly statements
- Liaise with INGOs heads of HR department in-country and actively participate in interagency Coordination meetings
- Provide strong oversight and/or capacity building to MdM local partners on HR aspects and responsibilities
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 4 mois
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 3 119 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
22.5 recovery days per year
5 weeks of paid leaves per year
Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (2.5 days teleworking on average per week) with a minimum of 1 day per week onsite
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
As part of our measures to combat money laundering and financing of terrorism, any selected candidate may be subject to a background check on international sanctions lists (UN, the EU, France, the United States…). This information is handled confidentially and stored on a secure server. For more information on the processing of personal data throughout this process: http://bit.ly/3CSTDYO
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management
At least 2 years of working experience in a humanitarian context as HR coordinator, Administrative Coordinator or in HR management
Experience in a conflict setting or challenging environment is an asset
Training and capacity-building experience
Experience with MdM is an added value
Adapt schedules according to priorities and unforeseen events
Read, construct and analyse a budget and carry out budget monitoring
Conduct professional interviews (recruitment, guidance, etc.)
Design, formalise and adapt procedures / recommendations relating to HR
Diplomacy, negotiation, and networking skills
Ability to work under a minimum of supervision
Reactivity, anticipation, adaptability, capacity to take initiatives
Good Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word etc.)
Ability to manage an HR database
Languages: fluent in English is mandatory (oral and written), knowledge of Ukrainian language or Russian is an asset
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.