Job Overview: The Economic Empowerment Manager coordinates the development, implementation, and completion of all grants, contracts and activities related to the Economic Empowerment department, including early employment, workforce, small Business Development, and financial capabilities. Responsibilities include supervision of all department staff to ensure program compliance.
Responsibilities: Include, but are not limited to:
Oversight of Programs:
- Effectively lead the development, implementation, compliance, and completion of Economic Empowerment grants and contracts.
- Responsible for the development of grant proposals and reports related to all areas of contracts and grants within the department.
- Supervise the provision of services through regular and systematic case file reviews, and quality assurance protocols including data QA to ensure compliance with donor requirements and provision of quality services.
- Lead all aspects of department program budget and manage expenses to ensure costs are maintained within allocated budgets.
Staff Supervision and Other Responsibilities
- Participate as an active member of the office leadership team and relevant internal and external groups.
- Lead the team members; formally evaluate team and individual performance to ensure objectives have been met.
- Recruit and train staff in all aspects of economic empowerment programs responsibilities.
- Represent IRC in public, professional and governmental forums.
- Facilitate interdepartmental communication and information sharing for monthly newsletters, program reports, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree (four year, B.A.) required; advanced degree in related field preferred.
- 5+ years of related Program Management experience including staff management, program development, and Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Previous Fundraising and grant writing experience.
- Demonstrated ability to promote an Organizational Culture that reflects IRC’s core values of service, accountability, integrity, and equality. Ability to lead through the true collaboration of individuals from many cultures with a great variety of skills and perspectives.
- Strong analytical and training skills; excellent written and Oral Communication skills.
- Highly organized self-starter with proven success managing multiple priorities, making critical decisions, and delivering results in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Solid diplomacy, relationship building, and networking skills; ability to effectively manage internal and external relationships, including community stakeholders and donors.
- Fluent in English, both spoken and written. Proficiency in a second language is desirable.
- Demonstrated proficiency in working with MS Office applications, with a strong command of Excel
- A combination of standard office environment, remote work, and ‘field’ time within the service delivery area to perform the outlined responsibilities.
- May require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits! In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days depending on role and tenure, medical insurance starting at $120 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with immediately vested matching, disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and Mental Health struggles.
How to apply