The Technical Advisor (TA) participates in the provision of technical assistance activities aimed at strengthening pharmaceutical systems, supply chain management or pharmaceutical services in developing countries. S/he supports Principal and Senior Technical Advisors and in-country teams in the Design and implementation of technical activities ensuring their adequate contribution to MTaPS program results. The TA is also responsible for the implementation and evaluation of those designated field activities such as deployment of tools or implementation of facility and community-based interventions. Under guidance from senior staff, s/he provides support for activity implementation, documentation, quality reviews, reporting, and Knowledge Management.Apply Now
- Participate in the design and implementation of technical assistance pharmaceutical management activities in support to MTaPS core and country portfolios.
- Conduct desk-based and/or field-based pharmaceutical management technical assistance activities including delivery of training.
- Participate in the design and implementation of pharmaceutical sector assessment activities, including the development of tools and implementation of data Analysis plans; assist in data interpretation and technical activity reporting.
- Participate in Human Resource capacity assessments in the pharmaceutical sector and collaborate with senior technical staff and the Capacity Building Team in the development of capacity building and training materials.
- Support country portfolios, under guidance from Principal and Senior Technical Advisors, and in collaboration with the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL) Team, in the development and implementation of portfolio specific MERL plans.
- Support the Principal and Senior Technical Advisors on tracking and monitoring activities implementation, completion of deliverables and resource allocation using stablished tools and systems.
- Participate in the review of designated program documentation and activity products ensuring quality of program deliverables.
- Participate in the development of communication materials, presentations, articles, concept papers, abstracts and posters in the context of knowledge management and participate in the presentation of these products to various audiences and forums.
- Provide writing and analytical assistance as needed to produce regular reports, special thematic reports and/or technical briefs documents aimed for publication.
- Attend technical and brown bag informational meetings when required and prepare related briefs for senior technical staff. Also, work occasionally with senior technical staff for developing MSH proposals and new assistance projects as needed.
- Participate in other duties, as assigned
- Graduate Degree and 4 years of relevant experience in a health-related field; or
- Bachelor of Art and 6 years of relevant experience in a health-related field.
- At least four years of relevant experience in international public health particularly in the implementation of reproductive health, maternal and Child Health, HIV/AIDS, Malaria, and TB prevention, care, and treatment in developing countries.
- Experience with programs supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID and international agencies such as WHO and World Bank preferred.
- Ability to write lucid technical reports and documents in English is required.
- Competence in use of word processing programs required, and experience with spreadsheets and database applications strongly preferred.
- Specialized training and/or some experience relating to pharmaceutical systems, supply chain management or pharmaceutical services.
- Proficiency in French or Spanish is desired, as are languages of other USAID-supported countries.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team spirit.
- Functional competencies: highly motivated, resourceful, results driven and persistent. Ability to work independently and in a team. Ability to think strategically, gather and analyse information in order to make appropriate decisions. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Core MSH competencies: adaptability, communication, Problem Solving, creativity and innovation, timeliness of work, quality of work and team relationships, resource utilization.
- Sound judgment, self-motivated, strong initiative.