IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $100 million, work in more than 100 countries worldwide with offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 600.
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified Team Leader candidates to support the anticipated MCC-funded Teaching and Leading the Next generation of Timorese Project (TALENT) in Timor Leste. This activity will aim to improve the quality of teaching and school leadership in all secondary schools in Timor Leste. Specifically, the TALENT Project aims to improve pedagogy, school, and classroom management; increase opportunities for women in teaching and leadership positions; improve language and information and Communication Technology (“ICT”) instruction for future teachers; and enhance instructional leadership and create a supportive and inclusive learning environment. Based in Dili, the Team Leader will be responsible for technical leadership, administrative oversight, and overall Coordination of the project.
This position is contingent on funding. Timor Leste citizens are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic and technical leadership to the program and serve as principal liaison with MCC.
- Develop productive collaborative relationships with a wide range of key stakeholders including government officials, other donors and implementers, civil society and private sector partners, program beneficiaries, and others.
- Develop strong collaborative, supportive, and mutually respectful relationships with diverse team members, with other leaders at IREX, and with leaders at key stakeholder and partner organizations.
- Ensure program activities are implemented on schedule, within budget, and coordinated to maximize efficiency and effectiveness across regions.
- Oversee program budgeting and forecasting, Financial Management, compliance and subgrants management.
- Oversee monitoring, evaluation, learning, and reporting to ensure the program adapts as needed to meet objectives and learning is acquired and shared broadly to maximize impact and sustainability.
- Oversee and help to drive a private sector engagement strategy.
- Integrate diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout program implementation while also promoting an evidence-based positive youth development approach.
- Supervise, manage, and mentor program staff, lead recruitment of specialized technical staff.
- Represent IREX publicly and support its Organizational Development.
- Ensure that IREX’s safety and Security Policies and procedures are applied to all program and staff operations.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s or PHD degree is preferred) in the field of education, education Administration/management, public administration, business administration, or a closely related or relevant discipline.
- Prior experience leading/managing at least two midsized or larger ($5 million +) international development programs in the last ten years.
- A minimum of ten years of progressive experience managing and supervising a team including the ability to create a collaborative team environment to achieve the program goals with an open communication culture.
- At least ten years of progressive experience in Design" id="link" class="link">Program Design, implementation, management, and evaluation of education projects in developing country contexts.
- Experience working on programs focused on teacher professional development (pre-service and/or in-service training) desirable.
- Experience working on programs focused on professional development for school leaders/managers including principals and teacher supervisors/mentors desirable.
- Experience working on programs focused on supporting the management and governance of teacher and school leader professional development and promoting/implementing policy reforms related to teacher certification, career paths, supportive supervision, and other areas related to managing teacher and school leaders’ performance.
- Prior experience with gender inclusion in education and teacher professional development is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience successfully interacting with senior level government officials and with education stakeholders.
- Ability to facilitate timely and effective coordination among multiple agencies/stakeholders at local and national levels.
- Competence in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong cross-cultural and communication skills.
- Prior experience working on Millennium Challenge Corporation-funded projects desirable.
- Prior experience managing similar projects in the Pacific region desirable.
- English language fluency is required. Portuguese language fluency desirable.
How to apply
- Click on https://bit.ly/TeamLeaderTimorLesteMCC to submit your CV in English summarizing your qualifications and stating your salary expectations for consideration.