Mission and objectives
UNISFA was established in July 2011 under authority of the UN Department of Peacekeeping Operations (DPKO). UNISFA is mandated to Strengthen the capacity of the Abyei Police Service (APS) by providing support, including the training of personnel, and coordinate with the APS on matters of Law and order, Monitor and verify the redeployment of Armed Forces from the Abyei area in accordance with the 20 June 2011 Agreement, Provide de-mining assistance and technical advice, Facilitate the delivery of humanitarian aid and free movement of humanitarian personnel in Coordination with relevant Abyei Area bodies, When requested and in cooperation with the APS, provide security for oil infrastructure in the Abyei Administrative Area (AAA) and later to organize the referendum
The Council also authorized UNISFA under Chapter VII to:
• Protect UN Personnel, facilities, installations, and equipment.
• Ensure the security and freedom of UN and humanitarian personnel and members of the Joint Military Observers Committee and Joint Military Observer Teams established by the 20 June Agreement.
• Protect civilians under imminent threat of physical violence; and protect the Area from incursions by unauthorized elements and ensure security.
The Online Volunteer assignment supports the communications and Public Information Unit of UNISFA - Abyei. with delegated Authority the Volunteer will Design Public Information Outreach materials for media relations ,publications ,web and Digital Media with the objective of promoting awareness and respect for the mission's work and Mandate.
Expected output includes graphic designs illustrations for the different Mission Contingents, for the website and magazine among others and supporting activities towards attainment of Mission Mandate.
We are looking for two (2) Online Volunteer/s who under the guidance of the Public Information Officer and in close collaboration with the communications team support us by producing Twenty(20) graphic designs for print and online information campaigns. In particular, the/each Online Volunteer is asked to:
- Collect information on document/material background such as target audience, design style, branding guidelines etc.;
- Create draft design based on requirements and discuss with focal point/ communications team;
- Develop the design according to agreed requirements.
The design/layout should follow our corporate design guidelines which will be shared with the Online Volunteers in advance.
The Online Volunteer/s will have the opportunity to build connections with the Public Information Office at UNISFA and learn about the ways in which Graphic Design can support the Mission Mandate and Activities in the UNISFA area of Operation.