CARE seeks a Senior Technical Advisor, Nutrition and Community Health Systems (STA) for an anticipated USAID-funded Community Nutrition and Health Activity Project in Bangladesh. Bangladeshi nationals are encouraged to apply. This position does not include international relocation or allowances.
The Community Nutrition and Health Activity (CNHA) will improve nutrition and other health outcomes of women and children under two in Bangladesh. This project will address the inequitable nutrition and other health outcomes of the most vulnerable segments of the population through a targeted community-health system strengthening approach.
The STA will Design and lead strategies (policies, guidelines, and standards), to address nutrition and community health challenges and will foster collaboration and Coordination among key stakeholders including the Ministry of Health, civil society, private sector and other donors. They will provide technical leadership for quality nutrition and Health Services and strengthening of community health systems. The STA will ensure that project activities are evidence-based, adapted to local contexts, and reflective of current standards and practices.
- Provide technical leadership to develop and implement nutrition and community health strategies and interventions including formative research, design, Community Mobilization and evaluation.
- Share best practices in community nutrition and community health systems, contributing to the knowledge base through participation in scientific forums and technical networks.
- Help build a coordinated, shared vision among partners, key stakeholders, and the Government of Bangladesh to improve household nutrition and health.
- Complete detailed strategy write-ups, work plans, and manage technical project reporting requirements.
- Collaborate with consortium partners to strengthen capacities of government and development partners to implement nutrition and health activities.
- Work with technical partners to develop evidence, creating innovations and documenting learnings for advocacy and scale-up.
- Mentor and supervise project technical leads.
- Masters or higher degree in nutrition or public health.
- At least 7 years’ of relevant experience with USAID or other donor-funded health and nutrition programs, and at least 5 years in a technical leadership role.
- Professional experience interacting with community, host country governments, counterparts, international donors, civil society, and private sector.
- Experience with two or more of the following: health, Food and Nutrition security, multi-sectoral approaches for improved nutrition, community resilience, gender equity and diversity, or social accountability and nutrition governance.
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation of health and nutrition projects and operational research experience.
- Experience managing programmatic and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Fluency in written and spoken Bangla and English.
- Highly adaptable personality who can identify areas of needed change and lead in the application of those adjustments.
- Able to lead complex technical teams, each with individual, and often, competing mandates.
- Ability to translate development challenges into opportunities.
- Strong communication skills and capacity to relay complex technical messages to non-technical audiences.
- Good relationship, networking and influencing skills.
- Appreciate for and ability to promote gender, equity, diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
- CARE Bangladesh aims to attract and select a diverse workforce ensuring equal opportunity for everyone, irrespective of race, age, gender, HIV status, class, ethnicity, disability, location or religion.
- Women are particularly encouraged to apply.
- There is no cost to apply for positions with CARE Bangladesh. Any solicitation of job application fees should be regarded as fraudulent.