Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director" id="link" class="link">Senior Director of Strategic Initiatives is responsible for prioritizing work in line with the CFO’s and ICAP’s business needs. The Senior Director of Strategic Initiatives will manage internal and External Communications on the status and outcomes of initiatives, projects, priorities and assigned deliverables. The Senior Director of Strategic Initiatives will be responsible for coordinating ICAP and stakeholder support while managing implementation, delivery, assessment, and monitoring of assigned initiatives, functions, projects and tasks. This is an opportunity for a highly strategic, organized individual with exceptional professional judgment and communication skills to be a part of creating organization-wide and systems-level change. The Senior Director of Strategic Initiatives will support all functions within the ICAP Finance Unit.Apply Now
- Serve as primary support, Advisor, and Project Manager to the CFO, positioning the CFO to focus on being chief strategist, steward, and leader of ICAP’s financial organization (15%)
- Serve as a thought partner to the CFO on key relationships, managing communications with internal and external stakeholders (10%)
- Ensure that follow-up is communicated to the team and executed in a timely manner (10%)
- Develop and implement strategies and systems to ensure a high degree of responsiveness to external and internal stakeholders (10%)
- Ensure that the CFO’s time and attention are put to the best possible use by understanding current and future priorities, working with the internal and external stakeholders, and marshaling the resources to address priorities (10%)
- Partner closely with other leaders within the Finance Unitto identify and address capacity needs (10%)
- Review operational effectiveness, efficiency and control structure of the Finance Unit, recommend changes to CFO, develop, implement, assess, monitor and report on status (10%)
- Work closely with CFO to identify and recommend business process improvements throughout ICAP’s global finance structure (10%)
- Support and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders through effective and efficient communications and information-sharing. (10%)
- Perform other duties as assigned. (5%)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in education and experience
- 5 years of experience
- Strong communication and presentation skills and an ability to deliver timely, relevant, mission-critical information in a clear and concise manner
- Track record of building strong, professional relationships with colleagues and external stakeholders at all levels and across a variety of contexts, including external consultants
- Exceptional professional judgment, a high level of trust, and an ability to professionally challenge conventions when necessary.
- An entrepreneurial and flexible orientation, comfort with ambiguity, and the ability to maneuver effectively in the face of rapidly evolving priorities and work streams
- A demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, lead projects, meet multiple concurrent deadlines, and prioritize.
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills combined with superb organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Master’s Degree in relevant field
- Experience supporting senior leaders and comfort with serving as a thought partner on broad, strategic initiatives
- Experience in evaluating and re-designing of business processes
- Audit experience including designing and implementing internal controls
- Experience in international non-profit or academic sponsored project environment
- 3-4 international trips per year which may last up to 2 weeks in duration