The USAID-funded global Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Partnerships and Learning for Sustainability (WASHPaLS) #2 project implemented by Tetra Tech International Development (www.tetratech.com/intdev) is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Team Leader to support a Cholera research short-term technical assignment. This position will be located primarily in Malawi and Mozambique.
Position Description/Summary: The purpose of this assignment is to carry out a two-part cholera study, primarily in Malawi and Mozambique, to better understand (1) the role of primary care availability (measured through oral rehydration point availability) in slowing community spread and reducing cholera-related mortality and (2) roles local and international partners played during both incipient and intense stages of the 2022 cholera outbreaks in Malawi and Mozambique, and how local and international partners can work together to minimize impact of future outbreaks.
The anticipated level of effort for this assignment is 45 days beginning on/about June 14, 2023, and concluding on/about November 3, 2023. The Spatial Epidemiologist will perform the work both remotely from their home of record and in Malawi and Mozambique, with some domestic travel to select areas.
* Provide inputs for the inception report, specifically pertaining to the spatial analysis
* Lead data cleaning and analysis
* Contribute relevant sections to the interim progress report
* Lead the writing of the Study 1 final report focused on the spatial analysis and the associated brief and provide inputs to the Study 2 final report
* Participate in project communications (attend weekly Study Team meetings to provide technical insight and feedback as requested)
* Two (2) or more years of experience with the use of geo-spatial techniques in health and/or population related research (professional or academic), including demonstrated knowledge of GIS applications in health and population data research
* Experience in managing and analyzing large data sets
* Experience working in developing country context
* Excellent writing skills
* Demonstrated knowledge of GIS applications in health and population data research
* Demonstrated knowledge of STATA, SPSS, SAS, or R Statistics
* Demonstrated knowledge of Arcgis
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/WP2SpatialEpidemiologist
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded and submit only the requested documentation as part of your application. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to Covid-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 550 locations around the world. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees — 27,000 associates working together to provide smart, scalable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, Resource Management, energy, and international development. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability. If you need a reasonable accommodation with your application process, contact our Global Talent Operations team.