IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $100 million, work in more than 100 countries worldwide with offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 600.
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified Senior Social and Behavior Change (SBC) Specialist candidates to support the USAID-funded The Pioneers-Raedat Activity. This program is intended to leverage women’s potential to create ripple effects that shift gender-based power relations within the Palestinian community and will help improve institutional frameworks and processes in select sectors to ensure the inclusion of women. Based in Ramallah, the Senior SBC Specialist will lead the conceptualization, development, and implementation of social and behavior change (SBC) interventions focused on changing perceptions and behaviors to support women’s empowerment and create transformational changes in gender relations at the family, community, and national levels and in different sectors of the economy, academia, social, and political areas. This will include working effectively and collaboratively with the Raedat activity team members to incorporate SBC approaches in their work streams.
This position may be filled by a partner in the project consortium.
Only citizens of Palestine or permanent residents with work authorization will be considered.
This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities
· Serve as the lead technical Advisor for the program’s SBC activities.
· Participate in the technical oversight of SBC activities, including standard setting, tools development, Capacity Building, and monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
· Provide operational framework, strategies, and mechanisms for programming with the field to drive quality results.
· Review and provide sectoral feedback on programmatic reports.
· Provide sector-specific technical guidance on promising practices, new developments, and lessons learned for programming.
· Support the development and dissemination of evidence and best practices.
· Conduct field visits to monitor progress and quality of SBC activity implementation.
· Engage key SBC stakeholders at the country level to ensure program alignment, project representation and collaborative learning.
· Other duties, as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
· Palestinian citizenship or residency with work authorization is required.
· Minimum of five years of relevant experience managing and implementing development activities relevant to strategic communications and SBC.
· Demonstrated understanding of a range of SBC approaches that address change in social norms, structures, and individual behaviors, especially those related to gender dynamics and women’s empowerment.
· Experience in implementing advocacy campaigns and utilizing media/technology to achieve transformative change.
· Demonstrated strong technical knowledge in Gender Equality and female empowerment.
· Experience working in the region, preferably West bank and Gaza, or similar cultural contexts.
· Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic is required.
How to apply
Click on https://bit.ly/SBCinWBG to submit your CV in English along with a cover letter summarizing your qualifications and stating your salary expectations for consideration.