The United Nations is seeking outstanding executive leaders with the vision, integrity, and capability to lead large UN peace operations on the ground, deployed in support of a particular crisis country or region. In line with our commitment to geographical diversity and gender parity at the most senior leadership level of the United Nations, we are looking for leaders to diversify the pool of candidates for these top senior executives’ roles.
As Special Representative of the Secretary-General and Head of Mission, you would be responsible for implementing the mandate of UN peace operations, including providing leadership, political guidance and high-level operational direction in the execution of Mission activities. You will be required to lend political support for efforts to resolve conflict, facilitate negotiations, foster peace and build confidence among parties. You will be responsible for the management of the Mission’s financial, physical and human resources, as well as the safety and security of UN personnel on the ground. You will be expected to uphold international human rights standards in the activities of the UN and foster a culture of integrity, accountability and respect among your team.
To succeed in a UN mission leadership role, you must have a track record of achievement in senior executive positions. You will have experience working in conflict, post-conflict, peacekeeping, peacebuilding or development settings. You will have demonstrated expertise in facilitating or negotiating political processes and proven management ability to lead large operations and teams. You will combine excellent diplomatic and communication skills with political judgement and cultural sensitivity.
Other Jobs at the Same Organization (10)
- CHIEF OF SECTION, LIFE SUPPORT SERVICES, El Fasher, Sudan ending on 29 Jul 2019, Monday
- Programme Associate, Bonn, Germany ending on 23 Jul 2019, Tuesday
- INTERN – LEGAL AFFAIRS, New York, USA ending on 25 Jul 2019, Thursday
- Senior Security Operations and Training Officer, Amman, Jordan ending on 10 Aug 2019, Saturday
- Political Affairs Officer, Nicosia, Cyprus ending on 29 Jul 2019, Monday
- TRANSLATOR/REVISER, ENGLISH, Arusha, Tanzania ending on 10 Aug 2019, Saturday
- TRANSLATOR, KINYARWANDA, Arusha, Tanzania ending on 10 Aug 2019, Saturday
- Head of Witness Support and Protection Unit, Kigali, Rwanda ending on 10 Aug 2019, Saturday
- Service Line Manager / Human Resources Officer, Entebbe, Uganda ending on 26 Jul 2019, Friday
- Consultant – IT Auditor, HQ Amman, Jordan ending on 07 Aug 2019, Wednesday