Protection in emergencies roving Manager
Duration of contract: 2 years
Location: Field position, moving between operations with up to 3 months at HQ in 1 year
IsraAID is an international non-governmental humanitarian aid organization based in Israel. Since we were founded in 2001, our teams have worked in Emergency and long-term development settings in more than 50 countries around the world. IsraAID responds to emergencies and helps people affected by crises rebuild their lives, their communities, and their futures, together. From hurricanes to refugee crises to global pandemics, we mobilize quickly and collaborate with communities at the deepest level, accompanying the process of becoming self-reliant in the ability to prepare and respond to emergencies and crises and return to adaptive functioning.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Protection in Emergency roving Manager is the lead protection technical position in the field, taking both technical responsibilities, as well as managerial and programmatic aspects of the program. The protection in emergency roving manager will lead assessments, facilitate training sessions, and supervise the technical aspects of Protection programs in the country of deployment. In addition, the Protection in Emergency roving manager will manage and lead programs, work towards creating meaningful partnerships, support the financial aspects of the protection program, develop content and provide Capacity Building activities and programs, in line with the organization’s established policies, principles, and operating practices.
The Protection in Emergency roving manager works under the direct supervision of the Roving Head of Mission and is supervised technically by IsraAID HQ Protection in Emergencies Technical Advisor. The roving manager will join the mission for 4-6 weeks (with an option for extension) until a permanent position will be filled. Prior to leaving, the roving manager will do a handover process to the country office.
1.Develop and use appropriate MEAL tools.
- Conduct Rapid protection needs assessment and stakeholder Analysis.
- Ensure effective monitoring and evaluation processes and procedures are followed for each program.
- Develop MEAL strategy, methodologies and relevant tools to measure the impact of the program.
- Identify Lessons Learned for the program and successfully communicate them in a variety of mediums.
- Ensure a proper risk assessment and mitigation strategy is developed for each program, project and activity and is constantly monitored.
- Coordination with different stakeholders and organizations
- Maintain a consistent line of communication with stakeholders and partners.
- Identify local partners and support the development of MOUs.
- Participate in coordination/cluster meetings with global and national partners and organizations.
- Work with project stakeholders and beneficiaries to coordinate, plan and implement Protection programs.
- Protection Program Management and implementation:
- Design the protection in emergency intervention using a logframe.
- Work with identified partners to implement Protection programs according to assessment conclusions and in line with organizational requirements.
- Adhere to implementation timeline for program activities.
- Coordinate with HOM/PM in mitigating challenges that arise during the training and supervision of protection activities.
- Write and submit reports/updates regarding programs and activities according to organizational requirements.
- Prepare proper project summaries and handover documentation according to program requirements.
- Administrative and financial management:
- Ensure all administrative and procurement requirements, related to the Protection programs are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Provide managerial support to Protection team members to ensure the coordination of timely delivery of program supplies and that expenses are within budget
- Ensure finance and procurement procedures are operational, effectively used and followed in all Protection programs
- Work closely with country Finance Department in designing accurate financial projections in accordance with implementation plans, updating them when necessary
- Training and Capacity building-
- Training and providing technical supervision to local staff and partners in Protection and PSS (psycho-social support) principles.
- Development of content and materials in accordance to Protection program needs
- HR Management
- Support the recruitment of Protection Field team staff.
- Maintain regular communication with HoM and PM for cohesive and strategic planning and implementation.
- Compliance & Ethics
- Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout IsraAID’s Protection Projects
- Maintain a clear understanding of donor compliance and ethical standards, and adhere to those standards.
- Conduct work with the highest level of integrity. Communicate ethical values to staff and to partners and require them to adhere to these values.
- Understanding of and commitment to the principles of non-discrimination, local ownership, sustainability, inclusiveness, local partnership, do-no-harm, and apolitical approach, in addition to Codes of Conduct against sexual exploitation and abuse and against child exploitation and modern slavery;
- Commitment to abide by IsraAID’s and UN’s codes of conducts and principles
- Commitment to humanitarian principles
- Commitment to Protection mainstreaming principles
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND COMPETENCIES
- US and European visa
- University Degree in Social Sciences, Social work, Expressive therapy or Psychology.
- At least 3 years of proven experience working in humanitarian/development settings in Protection and/or psycho-social support programming.
- Experience in the design and implementation of Protection and/or PSS programs.
- Proven training and/or group facilitation experience.
- Strong training & facilitation skills.
- Experience in project management.
- Previous experience in CP (Child Protection) - Advantage.
- Displays cultural, geographical, gender, religion, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills.
- Adapts level of language and/or complexity of content to the audience.
- Understands and masters quickly the context and the environment of work.
- Effectively manages own work related to multiple tasks or activities and is independently able to prioritize amongst tasks.
- Ensures respectful, professional and helpful relations with donors and project staff.
- Responds positively to critical feedback and differing points of view.
- Adapts well to a changing environment and demonstrates flexibility.
- Capacity, willingness and skills in team work.
- Experience in working with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.,).
Required: Professionally fluent or native speaker in English (both oral and written)
Any other languages - Advantage
*References will be required upon need.
How to apply