Wednesday, 07 August 2019
Management Systems International
Research Analyst, Monitoring of the Partnership of Agriculture Technology Transfer Activity (PATTA), Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM), Pakistan
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year performance management support contract – PERFORM to Management Systems International (MSI). Under PERFORM MSI provides monitoring support, evaluations, assessments, and learning support services to USAID. These services provide evidence-based data and information and high-quality analysis that USAID program managers use to target resources and inform project design and implementation to improve project results and achieve objectives.
**Please note: Only Pakistani citizens are eligible for this position
MSI is seeking a Research Analyst to be part of a team that will monitor the activities of the USAID-funded Partnership of Agriculture Technology Transfer Activity (PATTA). Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA) is the implementing partner (IP) of the project. PATTA focus is to identify, support and bring to scale private sector solutions to improve agricultural productivity in Pakistan through a four-year activity. PATTA has developed partnership with 37 supply side agricultural technology companies to commercialize products and services, through 350 demand side dealers/franchises that can increase the productivity and competitiveness of smallholder farmers and mobilize private sector investment in agricultural technology.
The Research Analyst will travel to all provinces of Pakistan, which includes Baluchistan, Punjab, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KP), Sindh and Gilgit-Baltistan. The estimated duration of the assignment is approximately six months, from July 2019 through January 2020, contingent on final approvals.
- Support document review relevant to the project.
- Fully participate in the team planning workshop and data rehearsal sessions.
- Contribute in the development of data collection instruments, a data collection plan, and a data analysis plan.
- Fully participate in qualitative and quantitative data processing and analysis.
- Contribute in presenting findings and conclusions of the research to USAID and its implementing partners.
- Coordinate with PERFORM administration team to manage field logistics; Ensure compliance with MSI/PERFORM administrative procedures.
- Schedule and coordinate interviews with assigned respondents if required.
- Participate in an orientation and training session to understand the purpose of the monitoring and familiarize with the data collection instruments, data collection and analysis plans.
- Provide inputs in preparing the research report, if required.
- Any other task assigned by MSI PERFORM.
- At least a masters’ degree in a relevant field and 3-5 years of professional experience.
- Previous experience of working with USAID is preferred.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent English writing skills.
- In-depth understanding and skills in quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Expert knowledge working with Excel, SPSS or STATA, and Qualitative Analysis tools
Candidates that have a real or potential conflict of interest in this monitoring will not be considered. MSI will require a written statement to this effect before formal engagement on this assignment. Conflict of interest in this context includes, but is not limited to: close and/or family relations with the individuals that are related to the project, financial interest in the implementing organization(s) or grantees, current or previous experience with the project being monitored or the USAID requesting office, etc.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Other Jobs at the Same Organization (10)
- Local Architecture, Engineering, and Construction Specialist, Colombia ending on 10 Aug 2019, Saturday
- Administrative Coordinator, USAID/OTI ,Bogota, Colombia ending on 08 Aug 2019, Thursday
- Accountant, USAID/OTI, Bogota, Colombia ending on 08 Aug 2019, Thursday
- Grants Specialist, USAID/OTI, Colombia ending on 08 Aug 2019, Thursday
- Procurement Specialist, USAID/ OTI , Bogota, Colombia ending on 08 Aug 2019, Thursday
- Security Manager, USAID/OTI, Bogota, Colombia ending on 08 Aug 2019, Thursday
- Senior Project Manager, Arlington, USA ending on 09 Aug 2019, Friday
- Field Researcher (Monitoring of the Partnership of Agriculture Technology Transfer Activity (PATTA), Islamabad, Pakistan ending on 07 Aug 2019, Wednesday
- Chief of Party, USAID Organizational Development Project, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia ending on 04 Aug 2019, Sunday
- Human Resources Coordinator, Arlington, USA ending on 02 Aug 2019, Friday