Date: Mar 3, 2021
Location: Korea (KOR), KR
Company: Green Climate FundGreen Climate Fund is a multilateral fund created to make a significant and ambitious contribution to the global efforts towards attaining the goals set by the international community to combat Climate Change.
GCF will contribute to the achievement of the ultimate objective of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC). In the context of Sustainable development, GCF will promote the paradigm shift towards low-emission and climate-resilient development pathways by providing support to developing countries to limit or reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and to adapt to the impacts of climate change, considering the needs of those developing countries particularly vulnerable to the adverse effects of climate change.
GCF is expanding its workforce to realize this unprecedented mission. The Office of Risk Management and Compliance (ORMC) seeks a Reinventing Infrastructure Consultant to provide support to the Climate Resilient Infrastructure Sector development, appraisal of projects and assistance in restructuring projects under implementation.
The role will report to Human Settlements and Infrastructure Senior Specialist and shall work closely with other Sector Specialists as well as other units and divisions within the Fund.
The consultant will be based at the Fund’s headquarters in Songdo, Incheon City, Republic of Korea, for an initial 7-month period.
Under the overall guidance of the Human Settlements and Infrastructure Senior Specialist, the Reinventing Infrastructure Consultant will provide support in functions relating to sector development and project pipeline generation. The role will include working with members of the senior management team to assist cross-Secretariat and administrative Coordination to support the appraisal function, sector development and advisory to projects under implementation.
The consultant is needed to support the Senior Specialist in: Sector Guide development; countries pilots devoted to systemic solutions for climate-resilient infrastructure (CRI) projects generation; development of TOR and monitoring of development of guides/ toolkits related to the CRI; expertise based inputs to GCF participation in various working groups run with external stakeholders; input preparation for sessions and panels related to Resilient Infrastructure as well as for meetings with the external and internal stakeholders. The work will also encompass expertise and co-ordination support related to restructuring and implementation assessment of projects already in the GCF portfolio as well as for revision of technical documentation of projects under appraisal. Support in organization of work of the CRI.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Consultant will be responsible for, but not limited to: • Conducting Market Research and analyses related to Climate Resilient Infrastructure (CRI) sector development.
• Structuring ToR for external work assignments, revision of externally prepared documents, drafting parts of the sector related strategies and working documents.
• Providing expertise-based inputs to GCF work under various working groups with external stakeholders.
• Input preparation for sessions and panels related to CRI as well as for meetings with the external and internal stakeholders .
• Analyses and recommendations on proposals submitted to the GCF related to Climate Resilient Infrastructure.
• Expertise and co-ordination support related to restructuring and assessment of projects already in the GCF portfolio within the CRI result area.
• Co-ordination of assignments and work streams.
Qualifications and other competencies
• Minimum seven (7) years’ experience with a master’s level degree or nine (9) years’ experience with Bachelor level degree of experience or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience in infrastructure planning and construction, spatial planning, climate change related to built-in structures or related engineering sector.
• Experience with projects, financial service industry and creation of innovative solutions in the CRI sector or other climate related areas.
• Knowledge of international organizations is highly desirable.
• Organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to multi-task and deliver quality work on time under pressure.
• Knowledge of GCF projects, programmes and policies is a valuable plus.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English, knowledge of French and Spanish is a plus.
Applications from women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.
Closing date for applications is 22 March 2021 (KST). Applications received after the closing date may not be considered.