For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: Emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM France has been present in Bulgaria since 2004, in the neighborhood “Nadezhda” in Sliven. Through the years, the project evolved, and currently, under the umbrella of “Environmental Health”, the project has two main health components: “Sexual and reproductive health and rights” and “Mental health and Psychosocial Support”. The mission plans to conduct exploratory missions, and potentially develop other similar activities elsewhere in Bulgaria or in Romania, in order to increase the presence of the organization in the region and develop a European vision and advocacy strategy on public health for the most vulnerable.
In the South Caucasus, MdM has been active in Georgia since 2009 and in Armenia since 2020. Through the years, the organization developed an expertise recognized by local actors in harm reduction for people using drugs. Currently, MdM’s strategy in the region is to work on harm reduction for people using drugs in Armenia, and for the LGBTQIA+ community in Georgia.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under the supervision of the regional Coordinator South Caucasus and in collaboration with the health Advisor based at HQ, you are in charge of designing, planning, implementing, adapting and monitoring health activities of the Georgia, Armenia and Bulgaria missions. You directly manage the medical team
Your main responsibilities are:
- Participate in the definition of the regional strategy led by the regional coordinator South Caucasus and drive the medical and technical aspects in the development of this strategy
- Design, plan, implement, adapt and monitor the programmes health activities
- Ensure the quality and relevance of health activities, supervise the collection and Analysis of medical data
- Recruit, manage, train, and motivate the medical teams
- Ensure the management of pharmaceutical products
- Carry out health needs assessments and evaluations of medical partners
- Cooperate with the Administration team regarding budgeting and supervise the medical purchase process
- Represent MdM with authorities, partners and other NGOs on health issues
- Participate in the writing of proposals and reports
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT :
- Status : Employee
- Contract: Fixed-term contract
- 6 months
- Temps complet
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Based in Yerevan (Armenia), with frequent movement to Tbilissi (Georgia), Sofia and Sliven (Bulgaria)
- Gross monthly salary: 3 175 euros
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments - minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Guesthouse housing
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
- Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (2.5 days teleworking on average per week) with a minimum of 1 day per week onsite
- Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
- Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED
- Medical doctor, pharmacist, nurse, mid-wife
- Master’s degree in public health is desirable
- 3 years’ experience in a similar position
- Experience or knowledge of the Eastern European region and knowledge of the Semashko health systems is a plus
- Languages: English (written and spoken) is mandatory
- Fluency in Bulgarian, Armenian, Georgian or Russian is a strong asset
- You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.