Are you eager to gain practical experience and kickstart your career in the dynamic field of Information and Communication Technology (ICT)? Look no further! We are seeking a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our dynamic team and gain valuable hands-on experience in the ever-evolving world of ICT
- Collaborate with the development team to understand project requirements and contribute to the Design and development of Software Applications.
- Assist in testing, and debugging code using appropriate programming languages specifically focusing on PHP Laravel framework
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality, readability, and adherence to coding standards.
- Support the team in identifying and resolving software defects and issues through troubleshooting and debugging techniques.
- Research and explore emerging technologies, frameworks, and tools to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of Software Development processes.
- Recently graduated (Not more than 1 year) from a degree program or training institution in the field of ICT
- Demonstrated Software engineering and architecture skills in PHP MVC(Laravel) CSS and JS (ES6).
- Demonstrated experience with GIT, Collaborating with other developers, and working with other peoples’ code
- Linux hosting environment and shell command-line familiarity.
- Strong database skills, including designing schemas, optimizing queries and working with MYSQL databases
- Experience in variety technologies and ability to quickly adapt to new technologies
- Strong debugging skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, with excellent time management and organizational skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities and tasks
What We Offer
The opportunity to work and collaborate with an experience, passionate and diverse team6 months contractPosition is open to Kenyan Nationals OnlyDuty station: Nairobi, Kenya
For more details click on the job description The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an independent humanitarian organisation helping people forced to flee. We work in crises across more than 31 countries, providing emergencies and long-term assistance to millions of people every year. We stand up for people forced to flee, advocating their rights. NORCAP, our global provider of expertise, helps improve international and local ability to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises. NRC also runs the Internal Displacement Monitoring Centre in Geneva, a global leader in reporting on and advocating for people displaced within their own country. Employment with NRC may lead to employment in or deployment to Regions, Countries, Areas or Offices that may be host to considerable health, safety and Security risks. NRC takes this very seriously and we have procedures in place to reduce known risks, but will never be able to take away all risks. NRC is an equal opportunities employer and aims to have staffing diversity in terms of age, gender, ethnicity, nationality and physical ability.