The post holder will support the roll-out of Save the Children's Generation Hope campaign in the MENA region. They will work across key target countries for the campaign, providing Technical Support to implementing offices on child campaigning, public mobilisation, and narrative building. The post-holder will focus primarily on countries affected by conflict and crises who are also campaigning on Climate Change. They will also be responsible for tracking campaign outputs in target countries, including capturing learning and creating a learning environment between countries, and coordinating with the Global Campaign Team on key campaign moments in the region, supported by the Regional Campaign and Advocacy Manager.
The role will report to the Regional Campaign and Advocacy Manager in the region, who leads the overall campaigning work in the MENAEE Regional Office.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Bachelor Degree in relevant field.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- 3-5 years of campaigning experience with a regional or national NGO, with experience in supporting the development and implementation of campaign strategies.
- Experience of coordinating multi-level campaign plans, with the knowledge and underanding of a range of campaign and advocacy tactics effective in MENA contexts.
- Knowledge and understanding of the role of public campaigning in achieving political, policy and normative change.
- Demonstrable creative ability in accessing new opportunities, expertise and ideas.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines without compromising standards of quality.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge, understanding, and passion for children's meaningful participation in decision-making.
We offer a competitive package in the context of the sector. This role is offered on the basis of national terms and conditions only.
A copy of the full role profile can be found through the following link: Regional Campaigns Specialist
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality Basic Education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Interested candidates are requested to apply through the following link: Regional Campaigns Specialist
Save the Children is a global humanitarian organization committed to diversity and inclusion, working towards empowering and protecting children worldwide and in the countries where it operates. Save the Children highly encourages and welcomes receiving applications from qualified candidates regardless of their diverse gender, orientation, disability, marital status, race, colour, ethnic origins, religion and beliefs. Save the Children has a global policy on anti-harassment as well as zero tolerance for discrimination, bullying, sexual exploitation and abuse. All applications will be looked at and treated with the strictest confidentiality and transparency regardless of the diversity of candidates.
Please note that only applications received through the above link will be accepted and applications received by emails will not be considered.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
How to apply
Please follow this link to apply: https://www.aplitrak.com/?adid=cy5raG9kci4xODQ1Ny4xMjE4NUBzYXZldGhlY2hpbGRyZW5hby5hcGxpdHJhay5jb20