Date: Apr 9, 2021
Location: Korea (KOR), KR
Company: Green Climate FundGrade: AS - D Deadline: 9 May 2021 (11:59 PM KST) Location: Songdo, Incheon, South Korea Contract Length: 3 years Entry Salary: 49,300,000 KRW The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to assist developing countries to respond to Climate Change while bringing prosperity to their peoples.
Established in 2010, the GCF invests in transformational climate projects in the developing world. The Fund makes an ambitious contribution to global climate action and channels significant Financial Resources into developing countries to help build low-emission and climate-resilient societies. It is country-driven and undertakes actions that reflect the circumstances of each country concerned and its national aspirations. The GCF is a key enabler of the 2015 Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
Since its establishment, the GCF has approved 173 projects in 99 countries and has committed USD 8.3 billion in Climate Finance. In addition, it has built up an extensive program to support developing countries to identify their needs, in particular, those who are most vulnerable to climate change impacts.
The GCF’s diverse workforce is advancing its mission from its headquarters in South Korea. Our talented staff makes unique contributions to the Fund, enriching the institution through their combined expertise and professional commitment.
The Regional Analyst for Asia Pacific is responsible for a range of analytical and operational tasks needed to ensure timely and consistent management of GCF’s engagement with countries, direct access entities and other stakeholders in the Asia Pacific Region.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage processes related to the development, review, endorsement and implementation of country and entity programming strategies, including the deployment of technical assistance when necessary;
- Coordinate team-specific processes related to the project/programme cycle, including where direct access entities request Project Preparation support.
- Undertake measures to improve the development of programming strategies and of project/programme ideas included endorsed programming strategies into concept notes;
- Strengthen systems and tools for communication, collaboration and Knowledge Sharing with countries and direct access entities in the region as well as within and across teams;
- Enhances engagement with countries and direct access entities on GCF processes to access GCF resources.
- Demonstrates high standards of quality, timeliness and integrity in undertaking activities and delivering outputs, including on research/analyses, developing communication materials, official correspondence with clients/partners, and preparing documents, presentations or other analytical reports;
- Engage as a team-player to support the efficient and effective organization of the regional team’s work and sustain organizational standards of quality and timeliness in the delivery and monitoring of work-plan targets.
- Bachelor’s degree plus seven (7) years of work experience in economics, finance, management, Sustainable development, climate policy, Environmental Sciences, Political Science, or related fields;
- Experience in managing business processes, particularly in a multilateral programming environment;
- Knowledge of climate change and climate finance are an advantage;
- Strong competence and autonomy in the use of standard software programmes, including the Microsoft Office suite of products; and
- Fluency in English is essential; knowledge of another United Nations language is an advantage.