- Job number: SRH05102
- Domaine de competence: Other
- Statut: Salarié
- Type de poste: Overseas missions
- Country: Jordan
Contract Type: Short term contract
ABOUT THE MISSION
Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 6 months (extension for 6 additional months, depending on funding)
Location: Amman (Jordan). Travel up to 50% in the region
SOLIDARITES INTERNATIONAL (SI) is an international humanitarian aid association which, for nearly 40 years, has been providing assistance to populations affected by armed conflicts and natural disasters by meeting their Basic Needs for food, water and shelter. Particularly committed to the fight against diseases linked to unsafe water, the leading cause of death in the world, SI's interventions provide expertise in the field of access to Drinking Water, sanitation and hygiene promotion, but also in the essential area of Food Security and livelihoods. Present in some twenty countries, the SI teams - 2000 people in total, made up of expatriates, national staff, permanent staff at HQ, and a few volunteers - intervene with professionalism and commitment while respecting cultural norms.
ABOUT THE JOB
Solidarités International is creating a new and exciting position of Protection Mainstreaming Regional Expert for the Middle East.
The job holder will spearhead the inclusion of Protection problematics across all stages of the project cycle, within the four missions of Solidarités International in the region (Syria, Iraq, Lebanon and Yemen).
He/she will be a key contributor in the elaboration of the association’s institutional framework in this regard, and will have the leading role in ensuring that it is properly disseminated and adapted at the regional level.
He/she will be supported and guided in this regard at HQ level by the Programme Referent for the Middle East and the Protection & Accountability Technical Referent.
He/she will ensure knowledge, understanding, tools and good practices are instilled at field level by building the capacity of SI teams on Protection mainstreaming principles and gender sensitivity.
Responsibilities and main activities:
- Contribute to the adaptation and dissemination of institutional guidance, strategy and tools at regional level.
- Assess then reinforce capacities of teams on protection and Gender Mainstreaming.
- Provide a direct operational support to roll the guidance/framework out in countries.
- Support the creation of partnerships with humanitarian and development NGOs/CSOs (local and international), and any stakeholder that might be relevant for the implementation of quality interventions in the region.
- Contribute to the Design of protection and gender mainstreaming aspects of projects and programs proposals, coordinating closely with the missions and HQ.
- Contribute to institutional knowledge building, expertise building, advocacy and improvement of programmatic practices of SI (regional specificities and contribution to the institutional framework roll-out).
- Contribute to the visibility and external positioning of SI in the region.
The main challenges:
- New position at institutional level, thus requiring the capacity to take a step back and a strong sense of prioritization
- SI is not a Protection NGO; the job holder will thus have to explain and build on differences between Mainstreaming and Integration are properly understood by the teams on the field
- Capacity to adapt the approach to country specificities, while maintaining global coherence
Priorities for the 2/3 first months:
- Map protection actors in the region and develop close relations with relevant protection stakeholders in the region in order to enhance Analysis and strategic positioning capacities of SI and identify potential partners, supports among them.
- Assess capacities, perception, enablers and barriers on protection/gender in each SI mission in the region.
- Understand gender and age dynamics and specific needs and vulnerabilities of women, men, girls and boys, including their Access to Services (regional, countries and areas specificities)
- The job holder is expected to have significant presence in the various missions of SI in the region (up to 50%
Specific skills and experience:
- Academic and Professional background in Humanitarian Protection and/or Protection Mainstreaming
- Significant experience in Program Management in the humanitarian sector, notably in crisis contexts
- Experience and specific interest in Gender mainstreaming (analysis, sensitivity)
- Strong training experience and appetency
- Previous experience with SI and / or in the Middle East is an asset
- Proactivity, strong initiative and adaptation capacities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: the ability to effectively liaise with and motivate a variety of people in a multi-cultural environment, including people based in other locations.
- Analysis and capacity to adapt to diverse audiences, pedagogy
- Flexibility and a “hands-on” approach, with significant presence expected on the field
- Bilingual in English (written, spoken and read) is mandatory
- Knowledge of Levantine Arabic would be a strong asset
SI WILL OFFER YOU
A salaried position
Salary: According to experience, starting from EUR 3 080 gross / per month (EUR 2800 base salary + 10% annual leave allowance - paid monthly)
Per Diem:USD 785 / month
Housing: provided by SI during the mission: shared guesthouse with other international colleagues.
Housing package can be discussed.
Insurance package: includes health insurance (including refund of all healthcare expenses (includingmedical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expense), civil liability, war risks, contingency & repatriation. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
Break policy: Legal paid leaves are paid every month, and are included to the monthly gross salary, which is thus increased by 10% (see above).
During the mission, there is a system of a regular alternation between work and rest, at the following pace : one (1) break every three (3) months fully worked. It means that SI offers you seven (7) working days ever three months worked, with a break allowance of USD 850 for each break.
These breaks are mandatory.
In addition to these, SI offers one (1) monthly rest day (MRD) off / per worked month.
SI covers accommodation costs and travel expenses between the expatriate's country of residency and the mission.
Living conditions in Amman are very good and staff has access to a wide range of facilities and leisure activities. Most of western products (food, clothing…) are easily accessible. The country also proposes several touristic destinations.
Do you recognize yourself in this description? If so, please send us your CV and cover letter!
Applications containing only CVs will not be considered.
Solidarités International reserves the right to close a recruitment before the deadline of the announcement. Thank you for your understanding.
To learn more about Solidarités International: www.solidarites.org Apply