Introduction to Organization
Established in 2007, AAN Associates is a ‘Social Enterprise’ established to enable development partners in finding simple, innovative, cost-efficient, and Sustainable solutions to developmental challenges. AAN Associates brings extensive research and evaluation experience in varied contexts i.e., development to humanitarian (including Complex Emergencies) crises. AAN has undertaken more than 110 consulting projects in over 24 countries (East Asia and Pacific, South & West Asia, Middle East, East and South Africa, and West Africa), with bi / multilateral funding agencies, united nations, public sector, and non-profit entities.
AAN is a growing organization with a distinctive track of producing award winning research and evaluations. These awards and distinctions have come to complement AAN’s recognition as practice lead in ‘social research’ and ‘evaluations. AAN is pursuing an aggressive growth strategy underpinned by excellence in service, improvising innovation, and technology, strengthening partnerships and resources, forging institutional systems and diversity.
AAN Associates is seeking Proposal Development Specialists - Health and Nutrition Research to develop technical proposals for a variety of sectors such as; Nutrition, WASH, and Health, among others. Candidates with proposal development experience for UN Agencies, bi/multilateral donors and INGOs such as UNICEF, WFP, World Bank, ADB, and ILO to name a few, are highly encouraged to apply. The successful candidates will ensure that proposals maintain a consistent tone throughout and handle multiple rounds of revisions and edits.
- Create, edit, and deliver compelling technical proposals to UN agencies, bi/multilateral donors and other INGOs.
- Study requests for proposals (RFPs), requests for quotations (RFQs), and requests for information (RFIs) to determine and present the information needed for each proposal.
- Conduct research and gather information required to develop proposal content.
- Analyze various services and solutions and translate them into proposals that address RFP/RFQ/RFI requirements.
- Revise and edit content developed by different writers and Subject Matter Experts to ensure that the proposal flows and maintains a consistent tone throughout.
- Work to develop graphical content needed to enhance the look and feel of the proposal.
- Follow up with team members and management for feedback and revisions, and to ensure that the proposal stays on schedule.
- Assemble the final text, graphics, exhibits, and supporting documents into an attractive, client-ready package Requirements
- Excellent Speaking and Writing skills in English (and others will also be preferred).
- Prior experience writing winning proposals for UN agencies, WFP, World Bank, ADB, etc.
- Ability to understand and analyze RFP/RFQ requirements related to scope, format, and content.
- Able to develop compelling, compliant proposals that fully address all RFP/RFQ requirements.
- Able to work on developing appropriate visual content for proposals.
- Able to multitask and prioritize requests to meet tight deadlines.
- Able to work independently and take ownership of the proposal.
- Able to collaborate with others to gather the information necessary to prepare a complete and effective proposal.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong written and Oral Communication skills.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
How to apply
The interested consultants must send their short profiles, updated CVs and proposal writing samples (all in English) to email@example.com by mentioning 'Proposal Development Specialist' in the subject line.
Additionally, candidates are requested to specify the following information in their email body for easier tracking:
- The languages in which they can develop proposals (English, French, Spanish etc).
- The organizations for which they have experience in developing proposals for (UNICEF, WFP, ILO, etc).
- The thematic sectors for which they experience developing proposals for (Nutrition, WASH, Health etc).