The Project Support Manager (PSM) is involved in a wide variety of activities involving Coordination, logistics (transport, warehousing, and procurement), Human Resources (HR), Finance, security, and staff supervision. This provides valuable support to the programme staff, enabling them to focus on their core activities.Apply Now
Project OverviewThe Emergency Response Team (ERT) works across South Sudan in response to acute emergencies: displacement due to conflict or disasters, returnee/refugee influxes, disease outbreaks, natural disasters, and emergency level malnutrition. The ERT has teams across four sectors – Health, Nutrition, Non-Food Items (NFIs)/Emergency Shelter, and WASH, with teams often working together in field sites. Multiple Emergency Response sites may be active at any given time.
Workplace & Working ConditionsField based position in Juba, South Sudan. Working and living conditions may be very basic and require great resilience.
Starting Date / Initial Contract DetailsAs soon as possible. Full time, 24 months.
Key Activity AreasLogistics
- Supporting logistical activities such as procurement (including procurement planning), supply chain, stock management, warehousing, transport booking and tracking, utilities in field locations, communication equipment, vehicle hire, base setup, and asset tracking.
- Liaising with the ERT Project Managers to provide logistical support to the projects and the field teams.
- Be the point of contact between all ERT teams and Juba-based logistics positions.
- Travel to ERT response locations & support Logistics Operations including base set up, stock management, and supplier selection. Work with team members and field management to ensure the security of the Medair field base(s) and of all Medair property and equipment.
- Supervise all financial activities to ensure all Cash Management needs, reporting deadlines, salary payments are timely and internal and external audit requirements are met.
- Ensure all internal financial controls and documentation are in place and guidelines are followed.
- Supervise the HR function as recruitment, induction, training, appraisals, and disciplinary action.
- Ensure all national and legal requirements relating to recruitment and employment are adhered to, including contracts, statutory deductions, record keeping, payroll documentation, and archiving.
- Manage and work with nationally recruited staff with an emphasis on developing individual and team capacity to handle a variety of logistical, finance and HR tasks as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Work with casual labour (including hiring, and payments) to achieve specific, time-bound tasks.
- In close collaboration with the Medair logistics, HR and Finance teams, meet the related administrative requirements of Medair donors, local legislation, suppliers, contractors, and any other stakeholders, so that the logistical aspects of the programme function efficiently, effectively, and with integrity.
- Ensure a clear and transparent paper trail is in place for all logistical transactions that records are kept in an orderly and timely fashion.
- Contribute, as required, to the accurate and timely reporting of activities (weekly & monthly reports).
- Develop and maintain a transparent, honest and supportive communication structure with colleagues to ensure they are kept informed of activities and requirements.
- Provide training, advice, mentoring, and coaching as required to all relevant staff on logistical, HR and Finance procedures, internal controls, and the logistical and finance requirements of donors.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with suppliers, local authorities, the Logistics Cluster, other NGOs and stakeholders, representing Medair and ensuring good co-operation and partnerships.
- Use and promote the use of documents in the Medair e-library and other operating procedures, ensuring that all standardised formats are used and guidelines are followed.
- Be aware of the potential for loss or fraud in logistical activities and procedures. Proactively work to prevent them by working with the team to improve transparency.
- Reflect the values of Medair with team members, local staff, beneficiaries, and external contacts.
- Work, live, and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings. Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
- Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international prayer network.
- University degree in relevant subject such as Logistics / Management / Business Administration or equivalent professional / technical qualification.
- Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
- Relevant professional experience in an administrative position, including Logistics, and/or Base Management. Work experience in HR and Finance and supervisory experience desirable.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural setting, preferably in the NGO sector desirable.
- Problem Solving ability. Strong administrative skills. Good numerical and report writing skills.
- Attention to detail. Team-player with good communication and inter-personal skills.
- Able to develop and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.