INTERNSHIP | 6 MONTHS | ASAP
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of Emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
ACTED has started developing its activities in Uzbekistan in 1999 and to date remains one of the few International NGOs active across the country. ACTED has been active in the fields of Food Security, livelihood, Economic Development, conflict mitigation, local governance, strengthening Civil Society Organizations through Capacity Building, shelter and infrastructure, microfinance, Health Education, reproductive health care, water and sanitation, etc. ACTED is focusing on the needs of marginalized groups, in particular rural women, as well as committed to continue the work underway in the field of civil society development.
You will be in charge of
The Project Development Volunteer (PDV) ensures proper grant management by developing qualitative project progress reports in compliance with donors’ rules. The PDI facilitates smooth Internal Communication and Coordination with relevant departments and contributes to ACTED external communication strategy. The PDI contributes to Fundraising efforts by participating in the development of project proposals in line with ACTED’s global and in-country programme strategy.
Expected skills and qualifications
- Master Level education in a relevant field such as International Relations, Development or Political Science;
- Previous related work experience, with knowledge of proposal writing and reporting;
- Familiarity with the project cycle;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and to manage multiple tasks;
- Good team spirit and ability to work with diverse profiles.
- 300 USD per month living allowance
- Coverage of all accommodation, guesthouse, food, and travel costs, a luggage allowance of 50 kg
- The provision of medical, repatriation, and life insurance.
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Psychological assistance
How to apply
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), including the reference: PDV/UZB
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.