Fixed Term | 12 Months | March 2023
Created in 1993, ACTED is an international non-governmental organization pursuing a dual mandate of Emergency response and development interventions in 40 of some of the world’s most vulnerable countries affected by conflicts, disasters or socio-economic hardship. With a team of 7,000 national staff and 400 international staff, ACTED implements 500 projects a year to support more than 20 million beneficiaries, notably in hard-to-reach areas.
ACTED goes to the last mile through programs and approaches that look beyond the immediate emergency towards opportunities for longer term livelihood reconstruction and sustainable development. Guided by the motto “Think Local, Act Global” and its 3Zero –Zero Exclusion, Zero Carbon, and Zero Poverty – strategy, ACTED puts local territories at the centre and provides a tailored support to local needs.
Through its Coordination office in Amman, ACTED is working in Jordan to meet the needs of the refugee populations in the country, with a shift from lifesaving activities to long-term livelihoods programming. ACTED also provides support to Jordanian host populations and local actors, also affected by the challenges faced by the country, ensuring all can access basic services. In Za’atari camp, Azraq camp and Mafraq, ACTED teams play a key role in the management and coordination of refugee camps, support to informal tented settlement populations and provide emergency assistance to ensure people’s access to food, water and hygiene and sanitation facilities. More broadly, ACTED works with municipalities and community organizations to build capacity and promote sustainable solutions.
You will be in charge of
The Project Development Manager (PDM) positions ACTED with donors and leads the development of project proposals in line with ACTED’s global and in-country programme strategy, and ensures proper grant management. The PDM ensures smooth internal communication and coordination with relevant departments, and contributes to ACTED external communication strategy.
Positioning and Fundraising
Fundraising and proposal development
- Contract follow-up
- Partner Follow-up
Management and Internal Coordination
- Staff Management
- Internal Coordination and Communication
Expected skills and qualifications
- Master Level education in a relevant field such as International Relations, Development or Political Science
- Previous experience in the humanitarian field, proposals development, Grants Management and Donor Relations are required
- Knowledge of the humanitarian aid system and ability to understand the donors systems
- External representation skills
- Ability to coordinate and manage a team
- Teamwork and team building skills, Capacity Building skills
- Ability to work independently and creatively in a multicultural context
- Strong oral and written communication skills, analytical skills
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure
- Previous field experience is required
- Salary between 2800 and 3000€ monthly (before income tax), depending on the level of education, security level, etc as well as a monthly living allowance of $300
- Contribution to a housing allowance of up to 75% of ACTED benchmark or accommodation and food provided in ACTED guesthouse
- Pension, health insurance, life insurance and repatriation assistance (& unemployment insurance for EU citizens)
- Flight tickets every 6 months & visa fees covered
- Contribution to the luggage transportation: up to 100 kgs, depending on the length of the contract
- Annual leave of 25 to 43 days per year
- One week pre-departure training in ACTED HQ, including a 3-days in situ security training
- Tax advice (free 30-minute call with a tax consultant)
- Psychological assistance
How to apply
Please send your application (CV and letter of motivation) by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), including the reference: PDM/JOR
Please note that ACTED will never charge a fee for the recruitment process.