Programme & Administrative Officer – ( 1805897 )
Grade : P2
Contractual Arrangement : Fixed-term appointment
Contract duration : 2 years
Job Posting : Dec 5, 2018, 1:21:57 AM
Closing Date : Dec 25, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Primary Location : Solomon Islands-Honiara
Organization : WP_SLB Solomon Islands
Schedule : Full-time
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The Office of the Head of WHO Country Office, Solomon Islands, aims to:
i) Effectively implement WHO collaborative programmes by promoting technical cooperation, stimulate interest and coordinate support towards health development, based on global and regional strategies and WHO guidelines.
ii) Efficiently apply the renewed results-based managerial framework of WHO through programme development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of WHO’s programme of cooperation with countries in the Region.
iii) Provide advice on administration support involved in day-to-day running of the WHO Office using the Global Management System (GSM), and under the overall umbrella or the Internal Control Framework.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
Under the supervision of the Head of WHO Country Office (HWO), Solomon Islands, the incumbent will perform the following, administrative and management responsibilities :
- Provide advice to the HWO by identifying country office internal operational and administrative risks and proposing corrective measures, risk mitigation and management, and compliance measures; participate actively to the work of the WPR Regional Administrative Network as well as the country UNOMT network, implementing best practices developed through them.
- Support the country office and national authorities in establishing appropriate contingency and business continuity planning for the work of the Organization in the country to be ready and to respond during times of emergencies.
- Perform the duties of the Security Focal Point for the country office, working closely with UNDSS and Division of Administration and Finance to ensure staff safety and security protocols are followed, as well as the Minimum Operating Security Standard compliance and other security procedures are adhered to,especially during times of emergencies.
- Establish, maintain, and implement operating procedures for the administrative functions necessary for the effective and efficient operation of the Office of the HWO.
- Act as first-line supervisor for all general staff in the country office and provide them with guidance and training to ensure a high level of compliance and support to the technical programmes and the overall day–to-day operations of the office.
- Provide training and guidance to administrative and technical officers in programme, workplan and awards management as well as use of the Global Management System and other online planning and monitoring tools available.
- Assist programme delivery excellence by delivering timely administrative support, advice and assistance to programme and administrative teams and colleagues on financial, human resource and infrastructure regulations and procedures.
- Ensure that the country office maintains compliance with key performance indicators identified in the Internal Control Framework.
- Provide monitoring and evaluation support to the HWO in the preparation of Office operational budget including conducting Country Office programme budget and workplanning exercises for Cat 6 workplan.
- Any other responsibilities and tasks assigned by the HWO.
Essential: University degree in public or business administration or a related field, or equivalent in professional training and self study.
Desirable: Professional training or advance degree in management or health services administration.
Essential: Minimum two years experience in administration at national and international level.
Desirable: Management and supervision of administrative staff and functions. International experience in a developing country in administration and programme management.
- Sound and thorough knowledge of effective organization and office administration.
- Specialized knowledge of WHO administrative and financial rules, procedures and practices.
- Ability to analyse and manage information productively and translate it into practical and relevant actions.
- Capability to lead and supervise an administrative team; to motivate and manage colleagues to engage in broader/strategic aspects of work, as part of a team and beyond individual areas of work.
- Excellent ability to work harmoniously with partners and adapt to diverse as a member of a team, adapt to diverse educational and cultural backgrounds and maintain a high standard of personal conduct.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Knowing and managing yourself
Creating an empowering and motivating environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of written and spoken English.
WHO salaries for staff in the Professional category are calculated in US dollars. The remuneration for the above position comprises an annual base salary starting at USD 46,472 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable), a variable post adjustment, which reflects the cost of living in a particular duty station, and currently amounts to USD 2022 per month for the duty station indicated above. Other benefits include 30 days of annual leave, allowances for dependent family members, home leave, and an education grant for dependent children.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- WHO has a mobility policy which can be found at the following link: http://www.who.int/employment/en/. Candidates appointed to an international post with WHO are subject to mobility and may be assigned to any activity or duty station of the Organization throughout the world.
- Applications from women and from nationals of non and underrepresented Member States are particularly encouraged.
- *For WHO General Service staff who do not meet the minimum educational qualifications, please see e-Manual III.4.1, para 220.
WHO – World Health Organization
Honiara, Solomon Islands
Other Jobs at the Same Organization (10)
Infectious Hazard Management (IHM) Officer, Antananarivo, Madagascar ending on 07 May 2019, Tuesday
Programme Assistant, N’Djamena, Chad ending on 08 May 2019, Wednesday
NPO – Routine Immunization, Jakarta, Indonesia ending on 06 May 2019, Monday
National Professional Officer (VPD Surveillance), Jakarta, Indonesia ending on 06 May 2019, Monday
National Professional Officer (New Vaccine), Jakarta, Indonesia ending on 06 May 2019, Monday
Executive Assistant (Human Resources), Dhaka, Bangladesh ending on 07 May 2019, Tuesday
Technical Officer (Gender, Equity and Human Rights), Manila, Philippines ending on 08 May 2019, Wednesday
Office Assistant, New Delhi, India ending on 08 May 2019, Wednesday
National Professional Officer (Malaria), Dhaka, Bangladesh ending on 09 May 2019, Thursday
Data Assistant, Yangon, Myanmar ending on 05 May 2019, Sunday