The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is a partner in the National Resource Center for Refugees, Immigrants, and Migrants (NRC-RIM), led by the University of Minnesota and funded by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the International Organization for Migration (IOM). NRC-RIM’s mission is to decrease health disparities and improve health outcomes in Refugee, Immigrant, and Migrant (RIM) communities in the U.S. As an NRC-RIM partner, IRC develops and leads innovative Health Promotion activities in partnership with RIM communities in key locations in the U.S. This includes engaging directly with communities through in-person and digital initiatives around Covid-19, vaccination, and other health promotion topics; creating and sharing promising practices; and strengthening partnership nationally and locally to mitigate barriers for RIM communities. Over the next year, IRC efforts will significantly focus on improving access and outcomes within the Afghan community in the U.S. Health topics to be determined based on community needs assessments.
Within the IRC, this position is part of the Research, Analysis, and Learning (RAL) team – a dynamic group of individuals who use technology, creativity, and innovation to expand the Resettlement, Asylum, and Integration (RAI) department’s capacity to be more evidence-based and data-driven; ensuring learnings from our practice inform our work through informational and instructional Design, and externally, influence the work of our sector and the wellbeing of our clients through training and technical assistance programs.
The Program Manager, Multimedia & Design, will play a key role in supporting this work through the development and design of multimedia assets. The Program Manager will be responsible for coordinating and developing a variety of culturally- and linguistically-appropriate materials that can be distributed across various platforms (audio, web-based, video, etc.). Reporting to the Senior Program Officer, Communications, and working in Coordination with other project staff, the Program Manager is responsible for promptly developing, testing, and iterating multimedia content that can be disseminated through culturally relevant and trusted channels and that garner high engagement. The position will also oversee routine analytics to assess the impact of the material(s) and make recommendations to improve accessibility and uptake.
- Produce a broad range of compelling multimedia content in several languages; content should be designed to engage NRC-RIM communities and includes videos and animations, text-based explainers, social media graphics, infographics, illustrations, and more
- Cover the full arc of multimedia Content Development, including storyboarding, drafting, designing, testing, amending, and finalizing
- Work with stakeholders, including partners, community members, and technical experts to refine objectives, key messages, and tactics
- Ensure final graphics and layouts are visually appealing and on-brand
- Create user-friendly templates and package materials for use across different platforms
- Curate images and multimedia assets to leverage use across audiences
- Liaise with multilingual community cultural validators on content creation and translation to ensure materials are linguistically accurate and culturally appropriate
- Coordinate with videographers, voice talent, and other external consultants as needed
- Develop creative promotion and distribution strategies; ensure that production and distribution of materials prioritizes user experience and garners high engagement
- Collaborate with other project staff to ensure maximum visibility and distribution of materials
- Participate in regular project meetings and other events as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Relevant certifications or bachelor’s degree with major or significant coursework in art, design, fine arts, video production and editing, Graphic Design, or related field
- At least three years of proven graphic design/multimedia work experience
- A strong portfolio of illustrations or other graphics
- Familiarity with design software and technologies (such as InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, and Photoshop)
- Experience or knowledge in non-traditional communication channels, such as WhatsApp, and reaching RIM communities (including English language learners) highly preferred
- Experience editing content in other languages and working with translators and interpreters highly preferred
- Knowledge of and experience analyzing impact of communications (reach, impressions, video views, video watch times, most effective messages, etc.).
- Knowledge of social media channels, such as Facebook and YouTube
- Experience managing vendors, particularly videographers and voiceover talent, highly preferable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently on an assignment and also collaboratively as a member of a team in a cross-cultural, multi-disciplinary environment
- Organized with attention to detail
- Ability to work methodically and meet deadlines
- Strong commitment to social service or Humanitarian Assistance programs, diversity, equity, and inclusion, and willingness to adhere to the IRC’s Standards for Professional Conduct
- Fluency in written and spoken English required; Dari and/or Pashto language fluency a plus
- Lived immigrant experience a plus
This position can be based at IRC’s headquarters in New York City or remotely within the United States.
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way - Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Equality, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires new hires to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for any in-office or hybrid positions. All IRC US offices require full vaccination to attend any in-office functions (e.g., meetings, trainings).
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
US Benefits: We offer a comprehensive and highly competitive set of benefits. In the US, these include: 10 sick days, 10 US holidays, 20-25 paid time off days (depending on role and tenure), medical insurance starting at $145 per month, dental starting at $7 per month, and vision starting at $5 per month, FSA for healthcare, childcare, and commuter costs, a 403b retirement savings plans with up to 4.5% immediately vested matching contribution, plus a 3-7% base IRC contribution (3 year vesting), disability & life insurance, and an Employee Assistance Program which is available to our staff and their families to support counseling and care in times of crisis and mental health struggles.
Compensation: Posted pay ranges apply to US-based candidates. Ranges are based on various factors including the labor market, job type, internal equity, and budget. Exact offers are calibrated by work location, individual candidate experience and skills relative to the defined job requirements.
How to apply
Please apply using our website: