Tetra Tech International Development (www.tetratech.com/intdev) is accepting applications from qualified candidates for a Program Associate position on the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded Board for International Food and Agricultural Development (BIFAD) Support Contract.
The objective of BIFAD is to strengthen the link between USAID and United States (U.S.) universities, other eligible universities, and public and private partners of universities in the U.S. and other countries to leverage the resources and innovation of the academic community for development. BIFAD consists of seven presidentially appointed members who serve four-year terms. The purpose of the BIFAD Support Contract is to enable BIFAD to make informed and relevant recommendations to USAID on new and emerging issues concerning food-, nutrition-, and Agriculture-related research, Capacity Development, trade, and extension.
Position Summary: The Program Associate will support the Senior Counselor with all programmatic, administrative, and logistical aspects of this complex and fast-moving project to ensure successful delivery of the contract. This is anticipated to be a three-year position pending USAID award. It is preferably based in Washington, DC metro area with hybrid remote work, with consideration of remote, US-based locations.
* Support Event Planning, Implementation, and Follow Up: Speaker Coordination for BIFAD public meetings and other virtual, hybrid, and in-person events. Speaker coordination may include tasks such as scheduling, collecting and verifying speaker bios and photos, scheduling speaker preparation sessions, and organizing speaker materials for BIFAD members’ access. Provide support in all aspects of logistical planning, vendor onboarding and oversight, and speaker coordination for project-related events. Support the Operations Manager in post-event tasks, including preparing meeting minutes and reviewing meeting recordings prior to public posting.
* Monitoring Evaluating and Learning (MEL) Data Entry: Assist with data cleaning and entry for project monitoring and evaluation indicator data such as event participant details and survey responses. For ad hoc reporting to BIFAD or USAID and to support semi-annual formal reporting to USAID, assist MEL Specialist in preparing Performance Indicator Table (PIT) narrative and Data Visualizations.
* Travel Coordination: Serve as first point of contact with BIFAD members to complete pre-travel requirements, travel booking, and travel reimbursement processes.
* Technical Report Writing and Research: In support of BIFAD’s key thematic working areas, conduct initial desk research around key areas of inquiry, preparing annotated bibliographies, research synthesis, and article summaries. Occasionally attending webinars, virtual conferences, and other meetings and events to capture notes and share summaries and resources with BIFAD members. Prepare components of the semi-annual performance report and other deliverables.
* Maintain BIFAD Calendar of Events and schedule meetings, polling members and guests for their availability.
* Prepare Memos, BIFAD Briefers, and other Information Products: Support BIFAD Executive Director and Senior Counselor in the development and clearance of internal memoranda, including to share BIFAD work plan priorities and to prepare scheduling memoranda; support the drafting and clearance of official correspondence to incoming and outgoing members from USAID leadership.
* File management: Support the Operations Manager to maintain BIFAD member files in the Google Drive. Following events, meetings, or other major initiatives, organize all materials in folders, insuring consistent file naming structures.
* University degree in international development, agriculture, agricultural development, communications or other relevant field (advanced degree preferred);
* Minimum of five (5) years’ experience supporting the development and implementation of donor-funded development projects; experience with food security, agriculture or agricultural development projects preferred, USAID programs also preferred;
* Experiencing planning and implementing events, workshops, online webinars, and other engaging and educational events;
Experience developing and producing effective communications and reporting products for donors, with experience supporting communications on USAID-funded projects preferred;
* Demonstrated ability to write and produce technical reports and communications materials in English, in collaboration with technical authors and under tight deadlines;
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
* Fluent English fluency is preferred. Strong written and oral presentation skills in English required; and
* U.S. work authorization required.
How to apply
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the on-line process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
* Writing Sample – must be sole authorship, maximum 10 pages
Please indicate where you saw Tetra Tech’s IDS ad posted.
Apply on-line at: https://bit.ly/BIFADProgramAssoc
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. Please ensure that all necessary documents are uploaded, as incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to Covid-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees - 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, Resource Management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.