DRS (DevelopmentAid Recruitment Solutions) is looking for a Process Portfolio Manager in Bonn, Germany, for an INGO to be responsible for presenting the status reports and regular updates of these processes to senior management and solving blockers to them, guarding the consistent and fair application of process rules around the globe. Together with colleagues working as country requirement managers, the candidate will directly contribute to setting responsible Forest Management requirements in many countries and hence to the core of INGO’s mission.
- Location: Bonn, Germany (office-based position)
- Working hours: Full-time (40 hours per week)
- Duration of employment: 2-year contract (with the possibility of extension, subject to satisfactory performance)
- Starting date: As soon as possible
About hiring organization:
The employer is an environmental INGO that takes care of our forests and those who rely on them by protecting plant and animal species, Indigenous Peoples’ rights, forest workers’ safety, and much more. They have achieved this through certification, ensuring forests around the world are responsibly managed. This organization has a scope to bring together brings together the most skilled people. This commitment extends to everyone who works in the organization around the world: from those that lead the Design of policies and standards to those that roll out those same policies and standards on the ground and to those that provide us with the backbone to do their work.
- Collect, evaluate and recommend the registration of new processes for Director approval (including the budget proposed, timelines, and qualification of persons involved in the development);
- Manage complete timetable of individual processes, and collective timetable for all ongoing processes, including:
- Setting the rules for obtaining forest management certification;
- Risk assessments (influencing the rigour of auditing);
- Controlled wood risk assessments.
- Manage process-related enquiries from standard developers and other stakeholders;
- Manage the collection of process information (e.g., statuses, obstacles, number of timeline extensions), and report to senior management;
- Evaluate and recommend actions for received timeline extensions;
- Closely coordinate with and support content evaluations performed by experts as an integral part of the process;
- Act as a primary point of contact for country process-related questions;
- Schedule country requirements for the approval and monitor preparations for the approval meetings;
- Closely collaborate with INGO Global Network Unit and Marketing Unit to gain sufficient insights into country requirements prioritization;
- Closely collaborate with the Network Partners in scheduling and managing the country processes;
- Participate in the organization’s internal competence and accreditation program;
- Other duties assigned by the respective Program Manager.
Qualification, Experience, and Skills:
- MBA or certified project management qualification;
- A minimum of Bsc degree in forestry, natural Resource Management or similar.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in one or more of the following areas: Project management, supply chain management, or Forest management. Experience in other fields requiring management of medium to long-term projects is a plus;
- Project management certification and proven records of successful completion of large projects;
- Proven record of working with content evaluation and management of documents;
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- A very strong sense of diligence and accuracy;
- Excellent time management skills: Ability to perform well while simultaneously handling several administrative and support functions;
- Service and solution-oriented attitude to work;
- Proactiveness and high level of engagement;
- Administration skills;
- Standard software packages (MS Office 365; strong skills in MS Word and Excel).
Communication and relationship management skills:
- Exemplary verbal and written conduct and communication skills;
- Skills to lead a conversation and the ability to arrive at timely conclusions;
- Ability to establish and maintain positive Interpersonal Relations;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Conflict Management skills;
- Ability to explain complex topics to a layman’s audience
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English are required;
- Fluency in Spanish and French (spoken and written) is a plus.
How to apply
Applications and updated CVs should be submitted to email@example.com, under the title: DRS 11478, Process Portfolio Manager. Due to the high number of applications received via DevelopmentAid website, we can reply to shortlisted candidates only. Please note that the above requirements can be modified during the recruitment process according to the client's procedures.