Under the supervision of the Education and Learning Manager, the Post-Secondary Education Specialist is responsible for implementing college readiness programs and services for out-of-school youth and adults. This position will help clients navigate systems to successfully research, apply for, enter and retain participation in college and other post-secondary education opportunities. The Post-Secondary Education Specialist will ensure that quality practices are implemented, program outcomes are met, policies/procedures are followed and reports are completed.
- Coordinate closely with internal casework and employment staff at IRC to provide complementary college readiness services that support clients’ short- and long-term goals toward self-sufficiency, skill building and career opportunities.
- Conduct intakes and assessments to identify clients goals; create service plans to achieve goals related to college and post-secondary education.
- Assist clients to apply for and obtain reevaluation of overseas credentials.
- Develop and sustain relationships with local partners, including community colleges, four-year universities, Workforce Development organizations and certified training providers to facilitate client access to education programs.
- Identify and engage local agencies for participant referrals and conduct regular outreach to educational and training providers
- Track all services provided to participants in IRC’s Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) management Information System, as well as any other systems required by funders
- Support the Program Manager in tracking quantifiable measurements to assess project effectiveness
- Connect clients to financial aid programs to remove barriers to education and training, both within IRC and through external funding opportunities.
- Assist in recruitment of and supervise interns to support program activities
- Participate in all staff meetings, trainings and other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; or equivalent related work experience
- At least 2 years of related work experience
- Experience in a non-profit setting and prior experience working with newcomer populations a plus
- Experience working in a diverse, and non-traditional setting with diverse client base
Demonstrated Skills and Competencies:
- Must demonstrate interest and cultural competency in working with individuals from all over the world who may be experiencing varying levels of economic hardship
- Solid verbal communication skills in English required
- Strong written skills, digital literacy, and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong time management and organizational skills are essential
- Must be able to effectively manage multiple priorities, data tracking systems, and client needs.
- Strong relationship building, diplomacy, and networking skills; ability to effectively build internal and external relationships.
Language Skills: Ability to read, write and speak English fluently is required. Fluency in one of the languages of populations served is highly desired (Arabic, Persian, Pashto, Kiswahili, Haitian Creole, Spanish)
*Working Environment:***Standard office work environment. Some field work required (10% of time), including accompanying clients to colleges, training schools or employers for training and/or job opportunities.
Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement: In accordance with IRC’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards and our commitment to safeguard the health of our employees, clients, and communities, IRC requires candidates who are selected for interview to furnish proof of vaccination against COVID-19 in order to be considered for this position.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation
How to apply
Please apply on our website: