Date: Jan 22, 2021
Location: Korea (KOR), KR
Company: Green Climate FundGrade: IS - 1 Deadline: 21 February 2021 (11:59 PM KST) Location: Songdo, Incheon, South Korea Contract Length: 3 years Entry Salary: USD 79,000 The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to assist developing countries to respond to Climate Change while bringing prosperity to their peoples.
Established in 2010, the GCF invests in transformational climate projects in the developing world. The Fund makes an ambitious contribution to global climate action and channels significant financial resources into developing countries to help build low-emission and climate-resilient societies. It is country-driven and undertakes actions that reflect the circumstances of each country concerned and its national aspirations. The GCF is a key enabler of the 2015 Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
Since its establishment, the GCF has approved 111 projects in 99 countries and has committed USD 5.0 billion in Climate Finance. In addition, it has built up an extensive program to support developing countries to identify their needs, in particular, those who are most vulnerable to climate change impacts.
The GCF’s diverse workforce is advancing its mission from its headquarters in South Korea. Our talented staff makes unique contributions to the Fund, enriching the institution through their combined expertise and professional commitment.
The Portfolio Results Data Analyst will support results management and data governance across the GCF’s portfolio of Funded Activities, Project Preparation Facility (PPF) and Readiness and Preparatory Support Programme (RPSP) to allow the Secretariat to generate, maintain, report and utilize high quality GCF portfolio results data for the creation of reports and the generation of knowledge products. S/he will support the implementation of the Integrated Results Management Framework (IRMF) and Readiness Results Management Framework (RRMF) to ensure robust application of results measurements and verifications across the GCF portfolio of projects/programmes. As part of the results management functions, s/he will also ensure the effective and efficient collection, validation, consolidation, quantitative and qualitative Analysis and reporting of results data and performance of GCF’s portfolio of projects throughout the project and programme lifecycle. S/he will also support key functions of the Office of Portfolio Management (OPM), including but not limited to supporting the operationalization of the portfolio performance management system (PPMS); and providing Data Analytics and Advisory Services for portfolio management related decisions.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support results management and data governance across the GCF portfolio for Funded Activities, PPF and Readiness grants via the application of the IRMF and the RRMF.
- Contribute to verification, validation, assessments of results data for projects and programs including through spot-checks of reported results data as well as the application of rigorous calculation methodologies for GCF’s key results indicators (e.g. climate impact indicators) such as the estimation of greenhouse gas emissions.
- Provide support to the establishment and implementation of rigorous indicator measurement methodologies and tools as part of IRMF and RRMF implementation.
- Provide support to the conceptualization of portfolio level or thematic evaluations to extract key lessons learned.
- Keep abreast of portfolio or thematic evaluations, research and studies undertaken by other offices /divisions to inform the areas of evaluation and research work by the OPM.
- Under the guidance of RDM specialists, liaise with other offices within the Secretariat including Information & Communications Technology, Independent Integrity Unit, Independent Evaluation Unit, Office of Risk Management & Compliance, and Knowledge & Change Management to pilot, establish, and refine integrated data analytics tools on the PPMS.
- Provide assistance to the portfolio managers and other internal stakeholders to assist access to and interpretation of portfolio results data.
- Liaise with Climate Impact Assessment Network (C-NET) members within the Secretariat to seek guidance on the results estimation and measurements against climate impact-related indicators.
- Work with the ICT team to support the reflection of a results management framework onto the online-based PPMS through enhancement of PPMS modules.
- Support the compilation and publication of GCF portfolio-related reports and knowledge products including quarterly status and annual portfolio performance reports, and case studies/evaluations from funded activities, RPSP and or PPF.
- Support the rollout of capacity-building activities including training and refresher sessions on PPMS modules, IRMF and or RRMF applications.
- Identify and analyze portfolio trends or patterns in complex data to provide recommendations for action on portfolio performance.
- Provide backstopping support to incoming results data queries as required.
- Under the guidance of RDM Specialists, develop terms of reference and manage consultancy for portfolio level or thematic evaluations, and or other results data verification and assessment exercises.
- Apply rigorous results measurement and verification approaches to improve the quality of results data
- Master’s degree in environmental sciences, economics, statistics, or related fields, or a relevant Bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 years of relevant work experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience in monitoring and evaluation functions for climate-related projects. Technical knowledge on climate-related indicators such as GHG emission estimation and or other advanced evaluation methodologies such as impact evaluations with the use of counterfactuals a distinctive advantage.
- Strong competence, proficiency in standard data analytics software such as Tableau and or statistical software such as STATA, and or R.
- Strong competence and professional skills in standard software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Access.
- Proved track record in taking initiatives and working independently.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of another UN language would be an advantage.
- Integrity and highest ethical standards.
- A team player with a proactive and can-do attitude, contributing to a harmonious environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills, facilitating communication between various levels of management, and multi-tasking to meet deadlines with high-quality deliverables.
- Mature judgment and absolute commitment to confidentiality.
- Ability to deal with high-stress situations and pay close attention to detail.