Location: Korea (KOR), KR
Company: Green Climate FundBackground
The Green Climate Fund (“the GCF”) is a multilateral fund created to make a significant and ambitious contribution to the global efforts towards attaining the goals set by the international community, including the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC), to combat climate change.
The GCF aims to promote the paradigm shift towards low-emission and climate-resilient development pathways by providing support to developing countries to limit or reduce their greenhouse gas emissions and to adapt to the impacts of climate change, taking into account the needs of those developing countries particularly vulnerable to the adverse effects of climate change.
The GCF is governed by a Board, composed of an equal number of members from developed and developing countries. The GCF is operated by an independent Secretariat headed by an Director" id="link" class="link">Executive Director and pursues a country-driven approach in its operations.The Information Disclosure Policy was recently approved by the Board and its implementation will enhance the transparency of the Fund’s operations.
The fund is seeking to recruit a Portfolio Performance Management System and Monitoring Consultant to join its team at the Fund’s headquarter in Songdo, Incheon City, Republic of Korea. The position is for an initial 9-month period Role
The Portfolio Performance Management System and Monitoring Consultant will work in the Portfolio Implementation Monitoring and Management Workstream (PIMM) in the Office of Portfolio Management (OPM) on the following range of operational and analytical tasks: (1) Supporting the development, testing, implementation, and monitoring of the Portfolio Performance Monitoring System (PPMS) for Readiness (RS) and Project Preparation Facility (PPF) grants.
(2) Monitoring the implementation and performance of selected RS and PPF projects, including reviewing and processing Progress Reports, Completion Reports, Amendment Requests, and Disbursement Requests.
(3) Leading the updation and verification of FLUXX data on RS/PPF projects from the OPM side.
(4) Communicating with RS/PPF project Delivery Partners (DPs) and Nationally Designated Authorities (NDAs), where necessary with a view towards improving project reporting and implementation.
(5) Leading the development, implementation and maintenance of an integrated portfolio monitoring dashboard in Tableau and PPMS, under the guidance and supervision of the Senior Portfolio Management Specialist. S/he will report to the Senior Portfolio Management Specialist and will also support the various areas of work within the OPM upon the request of the Head of the OPM.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the Senior Portfolio Management Specialist, she/he will be responsible for assisting in tasks related to monitoring the implementation and performance of Readiness Program grants including but not limited to: • Develop, implement, monitor, and improve the functionality of the PPMS for RS and PPF grants.
• Guide and deliver the user testing and training on PPMS for Delivery Partners (DPs).
• Review and process progress and completion reports, and disbursement and amendment request for assigned portfolio of RS and PPF projects and ensure compliance of the projects with relevant GCF policies and guidelines.
• Communicate with NDAs and DPs on status of RS/PPF projects under implementation, and identify and follow-up identified issues alongside proposed solutions, including coordinating inter-divisional reviews, for amendments and disbursements of RS/PPF projects.
• Lead the updation, monitoring, and verification of the data flow of RS and PPF portfolios in FLUXX Data Management system.
• Lead the development and maintenance of an integrated portfolio monitoring dashboard for tracking the progress and status of the RS and PPF portfolios.
• Support portfolio implementation team members in analyzing a wide range of operational aspects in the RS and PPF portfolios, including the interpretation and verification of information/data and propose actions to address the issues identified.
• Provide analytical and operational support for the development of guideline documents and templated related to the implementation and monitoring of RS and PPF projects.
• Conduct DP/Country/Region - wise Analysis with respect to RS/PPF portfolios to inform grant proposal development and endorsement where necessary.
• Support the preparation of briefs, presentations, and knowledge products on the RS and PPF portfolios, and the application of Best Practices in portfolio implementation and monitoring.
• Coordinate with other teams and undertake additional operational tasks as assigned by Senior Portfolio Management Specialist and the Head of the OPM.
• Developed and functional Readiness PPMS with online forms for progress and completion reports, amendment requests, disbursement requests, and review sheets for RS and PPF grants, and an internal tracking system on processing of requests/reviews.
• Developed dashboard (in Tableau and PPMS) with indicators for monitoring the performance of, and for early warning on implementation issues of, RS and PPF projects.
• Timely and substantive support for user testing and delivery of user training on PPMS for DPs and NDAs.
• At least 40 RS/PPF projects progress and completion reports reviewed for adherence to approved proposals and other GCF polices and guidelines.
• At least 20 RS/PPF disbursement requests reviewed and processed as per approved proposals and legal agreements.
• At least 10 RS/PPF amendment requests reviewed and processed.
• DP/Country/Region - wise analysis reports on RS/PPF portfolios submitted to the PIMM team.
• Timely updation and verification of FLUXX data for assigned portfolios of RS and PPF projects.
• Timely and substantive inputs for the development of the Readiness PPMS, including indicators for performance and results monitoring of RS and PPF projects.
• Time and substantive inputs on a methodology to collate and capture results, implementation challenges and lessons learnt from RS and PPF projects.
• Timely and substantive inputs for review and update of reporting templates, tools and guidelines, and for the results/performance analysis of RS and PPF grants.
• Post-graduate degree in data management/science, economics, finance, statistics, business Administration, sustainable development, climate policy, environmental sciences, or related fields; • Minimum three (3) years of relevant work experience in portfolio management, setting up portfolio monitoring and reporting dashboards, information management, and Data Analysis.
• Proficiency in using data management related software programs (e.g. Tableau, Access, etc.) and statistical analysis software such as STATA and R; and standard software programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) • Experience in an international setting is an advantage; and Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position; knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
Required Skills, Competencies and Attributes: • Strong database/information management and analytical skills • Detail-oriented with the ability to focus and ensure compliance with legal conditions.
• Ability to provide expertise in portfolio monitoring and adaptive management, processing no-cost extensions, budget reallocations, and disbursements.
• Collaborative nature to ensure that all internal clearance for the review of reports and disbursements are processed in an efficient and effective manner.
• Strong communication and Coordination skills to manage the inputs effectively and efficiently from across the different divisions in GCF, as well as smoothly manage any direct contact with the DPs/NDAs with respect to grant monitoring and management.
• Strong information management and database skills to keep all electronic records in an organized fashion for audit purposes, such as in FLUXX • Ability to work with minimal supervision Candidates of all nationalities are welcome to apply. However, the compensation and benefits package for this position will be determined on the basis of a local recruitment.
Applications from Women and nationals of developing countries are strongly encouraged.
Closing date for the application is 23 March 2021 (KST). Application received after the closing date may not be considered