Under the guidance of WHO Representative to Myanmar, direct supervision of Technical Officer-Expanded Programme on Immunization (EPI), and in close Coordination and consultation with Health Management Information System (HMIS) & central Expanded Programme on Immunization (cEPI), Ministry of Health & Sports, the National Technical Officer (NTO), will assist HMIS and cEPI to manage and monitor the software implementation for Covid19 vaccination information system. This includes assistance to evaluate operational status of information system for Covid19 vaccination programmes, and assists HMIS and WHO in planning, implementation, monitoring the operational status of DHIS2, national roll out and software implementation of digital Health Information exchange activities. The candidate will also provide technical assistance for implementation of relevant parts of WHO Myanmar country cooperation strategy 2019-2025 and Myanmar’s Sustainable Development Plan 2018-2030. Routine tasks are performed independently within detailed guidelines. Overall supervision is focused on the successful delivery of client oriented and efficient implementation of operational services.Apply Now
Major Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe National Technical Officer will work under the direct supervision of Technical Officer (EPI), WHO, and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Provide Technical Support to HMIS and cEPI on;
- information system or software implementation for Covid 19 vaccination programmes
- development of training materials and provide technical support for trainings at all levels
- to manage data for Covid 19 vaccination program at central level and to generate report periodically
- to provide technical assistance in the trouble shooting related to the software
- monitoring and evaluation of the operational status of the software for Covid19 vaccination programmes
- Work with and provide technical support to HMIS for;
- Planning, implementation, and monitoring the operational status of DHIS2 as the national reporting platform and Health Management Information System
- Development of guidelines/SOP for DHIS2, Data Quality Assessment, Data Management, and framework for Data Use at different levels of health system
- Preparation of training materials for focal persons from public health and hospital information system
- Capacity Building for health information focal persons at different level of health system
- Provide technical assistance to HMIS Unit in strengthening Health Information System and development/ configuration of software with regards to the needs of the programs and project implementation.
- Assist sub-national HMIS focal using DHIS2 in recording, reporting, data Analysis, data quality assurance and data utilization.
- Assist HMIS on national roll out and implementation of digital health Information Exchange activities
- Help with providing IT supports for trouble shooting regarding the use of health information related software and electronic devices for users at different level of health system
- Assist HMIS in the preparation of routine and ad-hoc statistical reports
- Perform any other additional assignments as needed.
- To assist activities for the high coverage of Covid19 vaccination particularly among peri-urban and migrant populations, supporting implementation of relevant parts of WHO Myanmar country cooperation strategy 2019-2025
- To participate in the strengthening of health service systems to enable the provision of universal health care, in line with Myanmar Sustainable Development Plan 2018-2030
- To submit monthly assignment reports as well as end of assignment report to WHO Myanmar
- To perform other related relevant tasks assigned by supervisors.
Work Relations and PartnershipsThe National Technical Officer (NTO) constantly provides technical support to HMIS and cEPI on implementation, monitoring, evaluation of the Covid19 vaccination information including active and passive AEFI surveillance information. The NTO collaborates very closely with technical, administrative and communication focal points in WHO Myanmar, and with partners, for example UNICEF, PATH, Ethnic Health Organizations and others as appropriate, for the Covid19 vaccination programmes.
Impact of functionsQuality, accurate and timely Covid19 vaccination reports through real-time monitoring of vaccine efficacy, active and passive surveillance of possible adverse events following immunization (active and passive AEFI surveillance) from both public and private sectors as may be applicable; to ensure maximum vaccination coverage for all eligible population groups, safely and effectively.
- First university degree in Medicine, Health or Health-related sciences, biological sciences
- Post graduate degree in Public Health or information technology; and/ or related fields.
- Working knowledge on health information system strengthening and related software especially DHIS 2 software
Professional experience and knowledge
- At least 2 years of professional experience in the field of health information. Able to work independently and take initiative.
- Working experience with Ministry of Health & Sports, or national - international organization an asset.
- Sufficient knowledge of information technology related to HMIS system.
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments
- Strong communication skills
- Knowledge on Microsoft office package
- Skills and knowledge on data management system
- Expert knowledge of English and Myanmar language (spoken and written).
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Building and promoting partnerships across the organization and beyond
- Ensuring the effective use of resources.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and a strictly no smoking policy
- Duty station, Office 47, Ministry of Health and Sports, Naypyitaw and WHO Naypyitaw as needed.