National Professional Officer – ( 1806105 )
Grade : NO-B
Contractual Arrangement : Fixed-term appointment
Contract duration : 2 years ( subject to avalibility of funds)
Job Posting : Dec 5, 2018, 7:59:23 AM
Closing Date : Dec 26, 2018, 10:59:00 PM
Primary Location : Pakistan-Islamabad
Organization : EM_PAK WHO Representative’s Office, Pakistan
Schedule : Full-time
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
Position number : 373155
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The goal of WHO’s presence in countries, territories and areas is to develop a two-way collaboration between the Secretariat and countries, territories and areas, by supporting them to reach national health goals and contribute to global and regional public health action. WHO utilizes the Country Cooperation Strategy (CCS), a key element of the Country Focus strategy, as a strategic management tool to create synergy and alignment between WHO leadership priorities and national health policies, strategies and plans as well as United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF). Creating this synergy and alignment will be essential to advance WHO’s organizational effectiveness and ensure WHO’s relevance at country level.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent will perform the following duties:–> Implement fundraising strategies including establishment of systematic and planned approaches to regular interaction with donors, drafting and submission of proposals, reporting documents and timely receipt and acknowledgement of funds, in line with WHO procedures and donors’ specific requirements.–> Organize regular briefings, meetings, visits and events with the donors and health development partners, and devise action plan for follow-up. –> Survey fundraising opportunities among donors, regularly update donor profiles and maintain a monitoring database for donor assistance, maintain database of contacts of external partners;–> Compile consolidated reports for donors as stipulated in the donor agreements. Disseminate to the partners the WHO information/advocacy reports relating to donor assisted programs.–> Strengthen fundraising capacity of staff by developing proposals on training needs and providing advice to staff on fundraising techniques. Inform proposal development teams on the requirements of each donor/funding facility and ensure timely submission of proposals.
Essential: University degree in social, international relations or political science.
Desirable: Training or good understanding of budgetary and financial processes.
Essential: At least 2 years’ experience in resource mobilization, international or public relations with emphasis on donor relations.
Desirable: Experience in an International Organization or NGO, especially related to health promotion. Experience in working with diverse stakeholders (governments, the UN system, civil society).
- Strong interpersonal, representational and organizational skills.- Demonstrated success in resource mobilization and public relations.- Sound knowledge of external relations, policy analysis and relationship development involving donors and external partners.- Knowledge of financial mechanisms for non-budget contributions from donor countries.
Moving forward in a changing environment
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Local Language.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at PKR 3,678,324 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
- The interview is Competency based , you may access WHO global Competencies model atHttp://www.who.int/employment/WHO_competencies_EN.pdf?ua=1
WHO – World Health Organization
Other Jobs at the Same Organization (10)
Infectious Hazard Management (IHM) Officer, Antananarivo, Madagascar ending on 07 May 2019, Tuesday
Programme Assistant, N’Djamena, Chad ending on 08 May 2019, Wednesday
NPO – Routine Immunization, Jakarta, Indonesia ending on 06 May 2019, Monday
National Professional Officer (VPD Surveillance), Jakarta, Indonesia ending on 06 May 2019, Monday
National Professional Officer (New Vaccine), Jakarta, Indonesia ending on 06 May 2019, Monday
Executive Assistant (Human Resources), Dhaka, Bangladesh ending on 07 May 2019, Tuesday
Technical Officer (Gender, Equity and Human Rights), Manila, Philippines ending on 08 May 2019, Wednesday
Office Assistant, New Delhi, India ending on 08 May 2019, Wednesday
National Professional Officer (Malaria), Dhaka, Bangladesh ending on 09 May 2019, Thursday
Data Assistant, Yangon, Myanmar ending on 05 May 2019, Sunday