IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings.
Position Number : 381508
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
The goal of WHO’s presence in countries, territories and areas is to develop a two-way collaboration and support them reach the national health goals and contribute to global and regional public health action. The programme contributes to the achievement of health goals by effective application of results-based management framework through programme development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of WHO technical programmes at regional and country level.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent will perform the following duties:1. Monitor the country offices’ month-end reconciliations of all categories awards, and provide timely recommendations on project implementation and actions.2. Conduct budget analysis and trend forecasting as requested, and bring the significant issues to the attention of HWCO and senior technical staff.3. Support resource mobilization by providing necessary budgetary requirements for grant proposals, communicate with Regional Office (RO) and Headquarters (HQ) for technical and financial reports to donors, in close collaboration with the technical staff involved in the work of various projects.Programme Management:4. Support the HWCO and the programme officers in the Programme Budget development, operational planning, workplans development, and the HR Planning exercises5. Facilitate the workplans management and monitor related activities including addressing the workplans financial mismatches6. Coordinate the budget analysis exercises and support the HWCO deciding on the Corporate Flexible Funds (CFF) allocations for activities to the programmes7. Assist with the statutory programme monitoring and reporting exercises (the mid-term review and the programme budget performance assessment) by using tools as well as ensuring completed BC reporting is submitted on timeAwards implementation:8. Provide feedback to the Regional Office on budgetary and financial management issues and make recommendations for improving them, including the development of additional SOPs to address project implementation gaps.9. Analyze and compare donor agreements and extra-budgetary contributions between base and emergencies work plans to determine the best mix and appropriate distribution of extra-budgetary funds.10. Serve as a focal point for revision and quality assurance of the BC planned budget for projects, concept paper, and donor’s reporting.11. Monitor and report on grant implementation, consolidate and maintain project documents including records of partnerships at EMR/global for donors and awards under BC Pakistan, ensure a historical record of inputs and outputs achieved in each award and donors’ trends.
Essential: University degree in Management, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or social sciences
Desirable: Degree or diploma in project management.
Essential: At least two years of experience in accounting and/or project management.
Desirable: Proficiency inprogrammer/financial modules of WHO’s GSM or other ERP system.
– Thorough knowledgeof principles and practices of programme planning, budgeting, implementationand reporting in a results based management environment;- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills.- Ability to prepare related overviews and reports- Proven skills in project planning.- Mature judgment.- Good interpersonal skills with integrity, courtesy and tactfulness
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Ensuring the effective use of resources
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Local language.
Remuneration comprises an annual base salary starting at PKR 3,678,324 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This is a National Professional Officer position. Therefore, only applications from nationals of the country where the duty station is located will be accepted. Applicants who are not nationals of this country will not be considered.
- The interview is Competency based , you may access WHO global Competencies model at Http://www.who.int/employment/WHO_competencies_EN.pdf?ua=1
WHO – World Health Organization
Other Jobs at the Same Organization (10)
Technical Officer (Maternal & Child Health), Cotonou, Benin ending on 06 Mar 2019, Wednesday
Statistician, Geneva, Switzerland ending on 06 Mar 2019, Wednesday
Team Lead, Geneva, Switzerland ending on 04 Mar 2019, Monday
Programme Officer, Brazzaville, Congo ending on 05 Mar 2019, Tuesday
Technical Officer (HIV, STIs and Hepatitis), Jakarta, Indonesia ending on 27 Feb 2019, Wednesday
Program Management and Partnerships Specialist, Guatemala City, Guatemala ending on 01 Mar 2019, Friday
Specialist, Supply Chain, Medicines and Vaccines, Multiple locations ending on 27 Feb 2019, Wednesday
Technical Officer, EIP, Copenhagen, Denmark ending on 17 Mar 2019, Sunday
Programme Manager (Procurement and Supply Chain Management), Geneva, Switzerland ending on 26 Feb 2019, Tuesday
Senior Resource Mobilization Manager, Geneva, Switzerland ending on 03 Mar 2019, Sunday