Samaritan’s Purse South Sudan is seeking a Monitoring & Evaluation Training Coordinator to support our teams in Juba, South Sudan. In this role you will work with program staff and external consultants to build capacity and provide great tools for assessing project progress and effectiveness. Our teams are full of passionate people who want to work with excellence and we need you to make a difference. If you are searching for more than just a job and want to be part of what we are doing, this is the place for you.
A day in the life of a Monitoring & Evaluation Training Coordinator:
At Samaritan’s Purse, the Gospel really is the center of all we do! We start each day with a time of devotions and spend time praying for each other, our staff and volunteers who serve around the globe.
In the role of Monitoring & Evaluation Training Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to:
- Maintain your personal relationship with Jesus Christ and be an effective witness for Him
- Support implementation of a MEAL system in South Sudan, working closely with M&E staff consultants
- Lead the management of Samaritan’s Purse Reporting System and provide training and support to the M&E team
- Assist the M&E Manager in designing, coordinating, and implementing M&E systems activity, working closely with program managers or technical advisors to implement program accountability and learning aspects
- Train and assist program field staff to conduct surveys and participate in rapid needs assessments, baselines, and evaluations to inform Design" id="link" class="link">Program Design
- Research and collect content and stories about the projects achievements
- Develop and refine various Data Collection instruments (quantitative and qualitative) and maintain a results database to aggregate data
- Maintain an effective information database for projects, including activities, results, targets, and progress reports
- Conduct advanced statistical Analysis and manage Data Entry process, storage, and analysis templates for project monitoring where required
- All other duties as assigned
Learn more about serving with Samaritan’s Purse.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree in development related subjects, Economics, or Statistics and a minimum of three (3) years in Monitoring and Evaluation; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to train and build capacity with M&E and program staff
- Experience in Data Collection, Data Management, and Analysis
- Experience conducting project evaluations, including using different survey methodologies such as cluster sampling and LQAS
- Experience living and working in challenging settings
- Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies
- Strong knowledge of project cycle management and development
- 12 credit hours of college-level Biblical Studies, required but can be completed after hire with program we provide
Job Location: Juba, South Sudan
Language Requirement: Fluency in English (required)
Travel Expectations: Position is based in the field and frequent travel between sites is to be expected; required travel documents and vaccinations for entry into foreign countries will be necessary
- International medical, prescription, dental & vision insurance
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Retirement savings plan
- Paid holidays
- 12 vacation/personal days
- 10 sick days
Samaritan's Purse Mission Statement:
Samaritan's Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world. Since 1970, Samaritan's Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God's love through His Son, Jesus Christ. The organization serves the Church worldwide to promote the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ.
How to apply