The MEL Officer is responsible for the implementation of policy project activities in the field of Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL),Apply Now
- S/he plans and organises project activities and develops project inputs ensuring that the project activities are appropriately managed. The MEL Officer develops and maintains relationships with partners, beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
- S/he plans, organises and supervises the work of experts and contractors ensuring high quality and timeliness of outputs.
- S/he conceptualises, plans and prepares substantive project outputs, produces project content and assesses achieved results for quality and impact.
- S/he contributes to overall planning and implementation of the project and to project reports, including inputs to donor and other substantive reports. Within the assigned projects, the MEL Officer conceptualises and prepares policy outputs and disseminates them through various channels.
- S/he develops the ICMPD’s knowledge body by synthetizing and formulating policy findings and lessons learnt, developing knowledge-driven and evidence-informed materials and products and develops new policy initiatives and projects.The MEL Officer works collaboratively with project teams and staff in the Policy and Research Units, as well as in the Regional Coordination Office for the Mediterranean, to implement synergies and economies of scale across different activities and projects, as well as efficient information sharing and knowledge exchange.
- S/he will work as part of a larger team focused on MEL projects under the leadership and supervision of the Senior Policy Advisor, M&E / Senior Project Manager, and with the Project Assistant(s) to ensure smooth Administration of activities and project Logistics. The MEL Officer forms part of the Policy Team in the Directorate of Policy, Research and Strategy and reports to the Senior Policy Advisor, M&E.