Monitoring & Evaluation Officer Kadugli (Only for Nationals)
The Norwegian Refugee Council has an interesting and rewarding opportunity to be part of our newest country of operation - Sudan.
The NRC has recently re-registered to operate in Sudan, and is currently in country start-up phase, conducting assessments and designing the first steps of the programme. Focus will be given to people displaced by conflict, refugees, and vulnerable migrants, and potential geographical areas of work will be Khartoum state, South Kordofan, Gadarif and Blue Nile on a first phase, with the idea to expand to other States.
The M&E Officer supports programme staff to effectively implement multisectoral projects
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures.
- Ensure that M&E tools and SOPs are correctly utilized in South Kordofan Area, as well as by partners [where relevant]
- Maintaining a Data Management system
- Support another M&E staff member in Complaints, Feedback and Response Mechanism (CFRM) in South Kordofan Area.
- Support in developing Data Collection tools and sampling
- Technical Support to baseline surveys, post distribution monitoring, assessments, Knowledge, Attitudes, and Practices (KAP) surveys, qualitative interview guides, focus group discussion guides
- Communicate regularly and participate in technical programme meetings including with M&E Khartoum and ensure programmes in Area have adequate M&E support and resources
- Provide technical support on creating and implementing M&E Plans and M&E Matrices at Area level
- Train and support programme staff on using data collection tool (Kobo)
- Ensure monthly achievements (Outputs, Outcomes) are reported
- Develop Monitoring Reports (e.g. PDMs)
- Provide when relevant updates to beneficiary groups
Any other tasks related to your position, as requested by the Area Manager South Kordofan or the M&E Manager.
- Experience and knowledge working as an M&E Officer or M&E Assistant or alternatively a Programme person
- Previous experience working in complex and volatile contexts like the Kordofans is essential
- Good working English and fluency in Arabic
- Good computer skills including Word and Excel and willingness to learn new database programmes (e.g. Kobo etc)
Essential that the applicant is either native from one of the Kordofans or has a family link to one of the Kordofan states
We can Offer
- Duty Station: Kadugli, Area Office
- Travel: 30%
- Salary/Benefits: NRC offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
- NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and employees to check they have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
- Females are highly encouraged to apply
- Candidates should apply only through online, Hardcopy CVs will not be collected
- To apply please visit https://www.nrc.no/careers/