Are you highly motivated and passionate about communications. Prepared to work collaboratively with a team and be able to meet deadlines, then this is your chance!
ACAPS is an independent project hosted by Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) and dedicated to helping humanitarians make better decisions. We want to put evidence at the heart of decision-making. To achieve this, we collaborate with a variety of partners across the humanitarian sector and beyond. We strive to be an evolving platform providing:
- Independent analysis of complex humanitarian crises to support evidence-based decision making for humanitarian operations.
- Deployment of experts to support assessments and analysis in crisis.
- Innovative approaches to collect more reliable and timely data and conduct rigorous analysis.
- Capacity development of humanitarian actors to carry out better needs assessments and analysis.
- Enhance a fluid and insightful dialogue between the Analysis team and the Communications department in order to improve our analysis and better meet the needs of our users.
- Be in charge of ACAPS social channels and monitor and report internally on the online performance.
A. Strategy implementation
- In close collaboration with the Communications Manager, ensure the implementation of ACAPS communication strategy aimed at strengthening the positioning of the organisation as a leading provider of high-quality independent needs analysis.
Listen, monitor, and analyse key performance indicators to ensure ACAPS is performing according to the communication strategy goals (increase visibility, build trust and loyalty, and encourage participation) and help measure impact.
B. Enhance external communications
- Be responsible for the management of ACAPS dissemination channels (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and MailChimp) by coordinating inputs across ACAPS work streams and key stakeholders to ensure we contribute towards a more evidence-based informed decisions in the Humanitarian Response.
Closely coordinates and collaborates with the Analysis team regarding communication and dissemination of analysis work.
Competencies Qualifications and experience
Relevant university degree or higher education, preferably in communications, Journalism or related field.At least 2 years’ experience in a position with related responsibilities (e.g. public relations, communications).Field and/or headquarters experience from the humanitarian sector desirable.
Experience with strategic communication, preferably in humanitarian disasters.In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media management and monitoring platforms, such as Hootsuite.In-depth knowledge and understanding of web analytical tools, such as Google Analytics.Good knowledge of designing tools, such as Photoshop and InDesignDemonstrated understanding of needs assessments and analysis in humanitarian crises.Good visual eye.
Proposes innovative ideas and new solutions to challenges.Excellent time management skills and ability to organize multiple, simultaneous tasks, and deliver results within a specified period.Demonstrated problem solving skill s and results oriented approach. Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.Proven ability to work strategically to set goals and flexibility and creativity in realizing them.Outstanding Coordination, communication, and inter-personal skills, including capacity to persuade and influence others, convey information effectively, as well as adjust actions in relation to others' actions.Demonstrated analytical skills and written clarity, including ability to understand complex concepts and problems and synthetize information.
what we offerDuty Station: Nairobi, KenyaDuration & contract type: July through end of March 2024The opportunity to work and collaborate with an experience, passionate and diverse teamPosition is open to Kenyan Nationals Only
For more details click on the job description