Mercy Corps is powered by the belief that a better world is possible. To do this, we know our teams do their best work when they are diverse and every team member feels that they belong. We welcome diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be stronger and have long term impact.
The Marketing & Communications department’s purpose is to amplify and support Mercy Corps’ mission and strategic goals by raising flexible funds, strengthening supporter partnerships and raising our global profile and influence, and fostering team collaboration and connectivity.
We boldly share Mercy Corps’ global impact with our audiences, with a focus on building trust, engagement, and long-term relationships among our global team members and with our supporters. We inspire and motivate financial support and partnership through transparency, inclusivity, creativity, and best-in-class storytelling. We engage prospects and supporters through a multi-channel, user-driven approach, communicating information that represents Mercy Corps’ best work and global culture, on key issues that donors care about. We work across teams to protect Mercy Corps’ reputation and safeguard our ability to operate.
The role of the Marketing team is to guide the direction of Mercy Corps global brand and develop and implement strategies to promote brand awareness and drive a sustainable base of unrestricted financial support, particularly among mass-market supporter audiences.
We’re looking for a Marketing Project Manager to help us take our marketing to the next level and win the hearts and minds of new supporters. We’ve built our reputation on providing bold, innovative solutions to the world’s toughest challenges, and are looking for our marketing to reflect that same spirit. This person loves keeping projects moving smoothly in a fast-paced environment and cares about creating a cohesive, human-centered experience for our audiences.
The Marketing Project Manager is the day-to-day project manager for our Digital Marketing channels which acquire, cultivate, solicit, and upgrade donors via online channels including paid search, email, advertising, website articles and landing pages, and other third-party digital platforms. This individual will be a well-rounded project manager, with strong marketing experience and familiar with the full life cycle of multi-channel digital campaigns, from strategy ideation to planning, documentation, execution, and evaluation. In order to bring our digital marketing campaigns to life, the Marketing Project Manager partners closely with Mercy Corps colleagues and external agency partners to ensure multi-channel campaigns run smoothly. Throughout campaign lifecycles, they work closely with the Marketing Team, Creative Team, Direct Marketing Team, Website Development Team, and external agency partners to finalize strategy, develop timelines, ensure deadlines are met, and ensure campaign requirements and deliverables are clear and executed on time in a fast-paced, multi-project environment. They will ensure that all reviews and final sign-offs are complete before campaigns begin, and that campaigns are closed, documented, and evaluated after the fact. During emergency fundraising moments, they are a key communication and information hub for the team and external agency partners.
Additionally, the Marketing Project Manager is the senior project lead of the Marketing Operations Team. In partnership with the Director" id="link" class="link">Senior Director, this person will lead on the development of project management tools and processes that enhance project collaboration and communication across the marketing department. This person loves building project workflows, working with teams on process improvement, is an expert at building timelines, knows the importance of a good RACI and can work with channel managers and project teams to ensure alignment along the way. In addition, this project manager will manage two project officers. This person is expected to mentor and collaborate with the project officers to find efficiencies in the processes and systems that are used to manage marketing projects across the department. This person will work to build an integrated, cross-functional marketing project team that can support each other and cover for each other no matter the project type. The Marketing Project Manager may also support larger strategic agency marketing initiatives as needed.
DIGITAL CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT
- Day-to-day project manager responsible for the execution of ongoing digital fundraising and acquisition campaigns across multichannel digital platforms including email, paid media, and website
- Directly support achieving overall annual revenue and fundraising goals
- Participate in fundraising strategy idea development
- Manage cross-channel digital marketing campaigns throughout campaign lifecycle, partnering with online and offline marketing colleagues as well as agency partners on campaign strategy development and targeting. This may be in collaboration with other internal departments as needed.
- Develop and execute project timelines and action plans, coordinating multiple deliverables against tight timelines, managing execution, meeting deadlines and maintaining process documentation. Continuously analyze and iterate to find efficiencies and ensure processes continue to run smoothly
- Manage external agency relationships to ensure on-time and accurate delivery and deployment of all campaign assets
- Manage approvals process for campaign creative, helping to ensure that all creative is fully vetted, reviewed, and approved by relevant stakeholder(s) before campaigns launch
- Support additional website landing page development and updates as needed by the agency
- Manage the development of digital engagement experiences that educate our mass market audience and contribute to annual lead generation goals
- Collaborate with Policy and Advocacy team members and others on development, implementation, and Analysis of advocacy activities
- Manage close-out process for campaigns, including final documentation of strategy and tactics, landing page end of life and coordinating with internal teams and agency partners on comprehensive campaign reporting
- Track and report on status of current, completed and upcoming campaigns, developing and utilizing dashboards and project management tools to enhance project communication
- Maintain digital marketing campaign plans and testing roadmap, managing and optimizing related processes
- Coordinate quickturn campaign asset development and launch during emergency fundraising moments
- Communicate campaign information and results to stakeholders as needed
- Coordinate and communicate campaign information and results as well as gather analytics with internal teams to optimize campaigns, including integrating campaigns with offline tactics
- Perform a variety of administrative tasks, including vendor on-boarding, invoicing and scheduling
Serve as point person for digital marketing projects with in-house creative team
MARKETING PROJECT INTEGRATION
- Oversee project management processes within the marketing department
- Partner with marketing stakeholders including channel managers and project officers to build, update, refine and document processes, RACIs and workflows across the department
- Ensure marketing projects are completed on time, within budget and executed with excellence
- Work with project officers on assigned work as needed maintaining oversight and overall accountability for all deliverables
- Cross-train with marketing project officers to provide backup support and coverage for other workstreams when needed
- Be /become an expert within Wrike, able to build a dashboard, calendar and update a workflow to adapt to the ever changing needs of the department
Leads on the development of project management tools and processes that enhance project collaboration and communication across the Marketing team
- Develop the capacity of the project management team, deepen understanding of their roles and assist with Career Development
- Assist team members with information, tools and resources to improve performance and reach objectives
- Promote accountability, communicate expectations and provide constructive feedback informally and formally via regular one on one meetings and annual performance reviews
- Create and sustain a culture of respect, learning, adaptive management and innovative thinking
Supervise and manage team members. Also responsible for recruitment, selection, orientation and training of new team members.
Project Officer - Direct Marketing, Project Officer
Reports Directly To: Senior Director of Marketing Operations
Works Directly With: Marketing and Communications team, external agencies, DevOps team, Corporate and Foundations teams, Mid Level Giving team, Mercy Corps Europe Fundraising team, and Policy and Advocacy team
Accountability to Participants and Stakeholders
Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically to our program participants, community partners, other stakeholders, and to international standards guiding international relief and development work. We are committed to actively engaging communities as equal partners in the Design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
Minimum Qualifications & Transferable Skills
- BA or BS preferred
- Digital marketing and/or fundraising experience required
- People management experience required
- 4+ years experience with project management concepts and processes, particularly planning, documentation and project close-out
- 4+ years experience with a project management platform, experience with Wrike is a plus
- 2+ years experience working with digital channels and activities, including email, SEM, and advertising
- Demonstrated experience working across teams and disciplines, with expertise building solid working relationships and trust among colleaguesExperience creating, managing, and optimizing processes
- Demonstrated experience with Google Analytics, Facebook Ads Manager, and CRM encouraged
- Highly organized and attentive to detail
Strong proofreading skills
A successful Marketing Project Manager can work under pressure in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment, while balancing a mix of short and longer-term deadlines and projects. This person has the ability to negotiate scope and schedules with internal clients according to workloads and timelines, and enforces deadlines across a range of teams. They stay calm and firm under pressure, and respond quickly to new opportunities, while paying close attention to the details. They can work both independently and cooperatively with colleagues. They have strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong people management skills with the ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with all colleagues. This person is eager to continue expanding and growing their project management, marketing and digital marketing knowledge.
Living Conditions / Environmental Conditions
The position is open to remote work. Occasional travel may be required. Some evenings/weekend hours may be required during an emergency response.
In support of our belief that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities we serve, we empower all team members to dedicate 5% of their time to learning activities that further their personal and/or professional growth and development
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
Achieving our mission begins with how we build our team and work together. Through our commitment to enriching our organization with people of different origins, beliefs, backgrounds, and ways of thinking, we are better able to leverage the collective power of our teams and solve the world’s most complex challenges. We strive for a culture of trust and respect, where everyone contributes their perspectives and authentic selves, reaches their potential as individuals and teams, and collaborates to do the best work of their lives.
We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a journey, and we are committed to learning, listening and evolving to become more diverse, equitable and inclusive than we are today.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination on any basis. We actively seek out diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills so that we can be collectively stronger and have sustained global impact.
We are committed to providing an environment of respect and psychological safety where equal employment opportunities are available to all. We do not engage in or tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability (including HIV/AIDS status), marital status, military veteran status or any other protected group in the locations where we work.
Safeguarding & Ethics
Mercy Corps is committed to ensuring that all individuals we come into contact with through our work, whether team members, community members, program participants or others, are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to the core principles regarding prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse laid out by the UN Secretary General and IASC and have signed on to the Interagency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme. We will not tolerate Child Abuse, sexual exploitation, abuse, or harassment by or of our team members. As part of our commitment to a safe and inclusive work environment, team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner, respect local laws and customs, and to adhere to Mercy Corps Code of Conduct Policies and values at all times. Team members are required to complete mandatory Code of Conduct elearning courses upon hire and on an annual basis.
As a safeguarding measure, Mercy Corps screens all potential US-Based employees. This is done following the conclusion of recruitment and prior to assuming full employment.
Our screening process is designed to be transparent and completed in partnership with new Team Members. You will have the opportunity to disclose any prior convictions at the conclusion of the recruitment process before the check is initiated. We ask that you do not disclose any prior convictions in your application materials or during the recruitment process.
Covid-19 Vaccine Policy for US-Based Employees
Mercy Corps has determined that, in an effort to protect the health, safety, and well-being of all Mercy Corps employees working in the United States, all U.S.-based employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, regardless of prior COVID-19 infection status. This policy is necessary to ensure not only the safety of our workforce, but the ongoing functionality of the organization.
This policy will be revised as needed to comply with federal, state, and local requirements, and to respond to changing guidance from public health authorities.
For new employees this requirement goes into effect within 10 business days of employment. Team members that travel are expected to comply with host-country requirements, including vaccinations. Failure to comply may impact your employment. Proof of vaccination or exemption must be provided.