Location: Korea (KOR), KR
Company: Green Climate FundGrade: IS - 5 Deadline: 21 February 2021 (11:59 PM KST) Location: Songdo, Incheon, South Korea Contract Length: 3 years Entry Salary: USD 128,600 The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to assist developing countries to respond to Climate Change while bringing prosperity to their peoples.
Established in 2010, the GCF invests in transformational climate projects in the developing world. The Fund makes an ambitious contribution to global climate action and channels significant financial resources into developing countries to help build low-emission and climate-resilient societies. It is country-driven and undertakes actions that reflect the circumstances of each country concerned and its national aspirations. The GCF is a key enabler of the 2015 Paris Agreement on Climate Change.
Since its establishment, the GCF has approved 111 projects in 99 countries and has committed USD 5.0 billion in Climate Finance. In addition, it has built up an extensive program to support developing countries to identify their needs, in particular, those who are most vulnerable to climate change impacts.
The GCF’s diverse workforce is advancing its mission from its headquarters in South Korea. Our talented staff makes unique contributions to the Fund, enriching the institution through their combined expertise and professional commitment.
The Manager, Software Architecture & Integration, reporting to the Head of ICT & CIO, fulfills the organizational role of Chief Software Architect, with additional responsibility for the entirety of the Fund’s custom-made and system integration nature undertakings. S/he and the team are further on entrusted with the end-to-end lead role for a range of COTS SaaS implementation projects. A large portion of the work portfolio concerns solutions for the many external partners and stakeholder organizations of the Fund.
Duties and responsibilities
- Predict the Fund’s nature of software needs in two, three years out and their architectural implications for today; undertake industry trend scouting for identifying and pursuing up and coming catalytic solutions that can further the Fund’s fulfillment of mandate; craft respective concepts and programs.
- Show creativity when orchestrating an agile and adaptable SaaS-based landscape of programmatic and complementary administrative system components; act strategically when deciding to build versus buy, configure/customize, and integrate
- Articulate, present and explain the value and the vision of proposed technology innovations and solutions for addressing business needs to a wide range of audiences, including external engagements during conferences and meetings, with an in-depth understanding of GCF’s business processes and practices, industry’s technical directions, and emerging technology trends.
- Bridge the gap between ICT colleagues and business users by coordinating on-the-job training, systems and solution introduction sessions, and ICT consultation sessions to grow and nurture organizationally ‘integrated’ understandings of Information and Communication Technologies.
- Identify and specify needs and opportunities of business automation to deliver efficiency/cost containment, effectiveness, quality enhancements, reliability, security, agility, decision support or transparency/accountability improvements for the wide audience of internal and external stakeholders.
- Define the technical specifications, create solution approaches and build technical roadmaps in achieving the solutions goals, and devise sourcing strategies; planning for, acquiring and organizing a wide range of onsite, offsite, turnkey and times & means nature engagements with parties across several continents, with one key focal area of all work relating to the overarching objective of GCF and partners reaching excellence as learning organizations.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, information systems or related domains, or a relevant bachelor’s degree with an additional 2 years professional experience.
- At least 10 years of experience in project management and/or software/systems integration management in ICT fields.
- At least 5 years of experience in leading Software Development and integrations teams, with responsibility for internal and external personnel for respective work undertakings.
- Experience in establishing roadmaps for a multi-year IT architecture and systems journey of an organization serving internal and external users.
- Communicating at ease with and working at the same time with business audiences as well as technical experts; proactively bridging potential communication gaps when required.
- Familiarity with a product-oriented way of handling the portfolio of solutions provided by the own team and the wider overall IT organisation.
- General understandings and experience regarding the architecture of modern web-based solutions, including cloud-native backend database configuration, along with a good command of tools associated with development, maintenance and Administration of such systems.
- Working experience and knowledge in relation to Microsoft Azure cloud and the core Microsoft software stack (Active Directory, Exchange Online, SharePoint Online and other Office365 products) with exposed responsibilities of integrating them to 3rd party SaaS solutions.
- Experience with integration and administration of mainstream SaaS solutions for business automation.
- Experience with Database Management (Microsoft Azure SQL & MySQL) and ETL tools.
- Experience and working knowledge of planning, designing, configuring and administrating enterprise Single-Sign-On integration, utilizing Microsoft Active Directory and other third-party integrated authentication solutions, such as Okta.
- Knowledge of formal project management methodologies: Project Management Institute PMBOK or PRINCE2 related certification is desirable.
- Knowledge of information security and/or information systems audit: ISACA CISA or (ISC)2 CISSP certification is desirable.
- Knowledge of IT Service Management framework and best practices: an ITIL certification is desirable.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and coping with parallel initiatives in different phases, typically under pressure with firmly committed to timelines for internal and external customer audiences and partners.
- Familiarity with formalized procurement processes and their principles.
- Work experience with international organizations as staff, consultant or contractor is a distinct advantage; and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position, knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.