We are looking for a Logistician who has experience in managing assets and supporting fleet management.
- Update asset register in compliance to Logistics Handbook and SOP of NRC Uganda
- Ensure all paper work against each asset item has been updated and placed in the file
- Record and generate unique asset tag number against in each asset
- Liaison with Area and Field offices in order to ensure that the assets have been managed in compliance to rules
- Generate and share updated asset register from Agresso (Unit 4) at the end of each month and for onward sharing with Finance and Programme on need basis
Conduct and facilitate physical verification of asset in Coordination with Finance Department
Country Office Stock Management:
- Ensure that the CO stock has been managed in compliance to Logistics Handbook and SOP of NRC Uganda
- Ensure all stock items have been recorded timely and necessary paper works shall be completed against each inward or outward transaction of stock items
- Ensure each stock item has a stock card which shall be updated against each transaction
- Generate and share updated stock report of County office at the end of each month and for onward sharing with Finance and Programme on need basis
- Ensure that stock of CO office supplies and stationery and other consumable items like printer toners have been timely replenished and buffer stock has always been maintained keeping in view consumption behavior of each item.
Conduct and facilitate physical verification of stock in coordination with Finance department
Country Office Fleet Management:
- Ensure that vehicles are used and maintained according to Logistics Handbook and other NRC policies
- Schedule and monitor transport of staff and material/equipment according to demands and procedures
- Act as a liaison person with AO logistics team and CO staff for timely cooridnation to ensure availbility of vehciles to the requestors.
- Ensure that all NRC vehicles are in proper operating condition and coordinate vehicle maintenance
- Coordinate and facilitate timely reporting of eventualities like accidents and breakdowns
- Ensure that NRC vehicles are equipped with necessary documents and equipment
- Filing of all vehicle records and reports
- Prepare requisitions for spare parts for vehicles
Closely Monitor fueling of vehicles and compile monthly fuel Analysis and consumption report for payment.
- Ensure to develop and maintain support service related contracts, which include but not limited to Hotels, catering, Internet and Mobile, different facilities hired on rent for office and expatriate staff, fuel, DHL – courier, gardening, garbage collection etc..;
- Act as a liaison person between NRC staff and Hotel/catering service provider to ensure timely provision of required services as requested;
- Responsible to process monthly airtime and mobile data payment for CO staff as per SOP;
Responsible for the clearance of shipment through DHL or clearing agent in coordination with the supplier.
Generic professional competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/ Logistics/Business OR relevant degree.
- At least two years’ experience of working in similar field
- Good knowledge of logistics systems and forms
- Good analytical skills to manage and analysis large data
- Experience of online tools for asset management and tender management will be preferred
Previous experience from working with an NGO in complex and volatile contexts
Only qualified Ugandan nationals qualify.