Contract length: 6 months
Reporting to: Accountability to Affected Population Program Manager, Nigeria
Remuneration: 710,000 - 790,000 Naira/month (prorated to part-time)
Deadline for applications: 13 June 2023
CLEAR Global (Formerly Translators without Borders (TWB)) is committed to having a diverse team where individuals of all backgrounds collaborate and learn from one another. We believe we can be most effective with diverse experience and expertise in our team. We recruit on merit, actively seek diverse applicant pools and encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, age, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs, marital or parental status, or sexual orientation, and welcome all types of diversity.
The role will work closely with colleagues across functions, building partnership brokering and strengthening skills and coordinating approaches to partner capacity strengthening. This role is responsible for monitoring trends that affect civil society in Nigeria and it includes a focus on external representation on priority issues including on civil society strengthening, civic space, responsible partnering and localization.
The role will also lead strategic and project initiatives that strengthen the organizational capacity, ownership and agency of partners and Civil Society Organizations to increase their effectiveness in contributing to the realization of a Localization Strategy for North East Nigeria. The role will support the Design and implementation of Monitoring and Evaluation systems to demonstrate impact in line with our partnership principles, while sharing learning across our programmes, teams and partners.
Strengthen the capacity of Civil Society Organizations, Local Accountability and Community Engagement by:
- Provide technical leadership on localization and civil society strengthening through Working Closely with Community Engagement and Accountability and Localization Lead of AAP/CEAL WG
- Lead Organizational Development activities and approaches for partner organizations
- Support the piloting of innovative approaches to partnerships, localization and civil society strengthening
- Working with local leaders, emerging leaders, and civil society, and in Coordination with the CEA Working Group, identify and strengthen local accountability and community engagement mechanisms through workshops on community engagement, effective communication, and accountability training on working with and getting information to and from relevant stakeholders providing regularly updated multilingual information,
- Production of community engagement information, tools and materials for the Civil Society Organizations
Monitoring, Evaluation and Impact Documentation and Ongoing Support:
- Providing support and lead the MEAL Framework Project for Civil Society Organizations Network in Borno state (Including LARDI Comprising of 45 Networks of Women Led Organization)
- Develop an evidence-based advocacy mechanism for this Network and their networks by widely sharing the information collected and verified through MEAL Framework
- Support the Field Monitoring Visit and Mapping exercises by MEAL Team (Training of member organizations on BONWOC MEAL framework
- Identify gaps and facilitate the Network to bridge and strengthen their organizational/service delivery in light of MEAL Framework reporting Mechanisms
- Organize for Lessons learnt and Practice learning Workshop
- Contribute to designing and implementing participant, session and project evaluation tools
- Work with the AAP/CEAL WG to determine the need for follow-up support needed by the Civil Society Organizations
Other Duties as Required:
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting to feed into overall project reports in line with donor requirements
- Document and disseminate best practices, innovations, lessons learned and proven methodologies
- Contribute other written materials that support CLEAR Global/TWB needs (brochures, summary project information, etc.)
- Feed into CLEAR Global/TWB’s advocacy and communication efforts as needed
- Maintain open and professional relationships with the internal team, volunteers, and partners
- Any reasonable duty requested by the line manager
- The role will evolve along with the overall project to reflect the changing language needs of the affected population and humanitarian community in the Emergency response as needed.
- The right candidate is an energetic team player and leader eager to take on the challenge of managing an innovative program in a difficult environment. They should be a creative self-starter with a strong sense of initiative, experienced in humanitarian programming and enthusiastic about the importance of increasing access to knowledge through language. The right candidate agrees with TWB´s core values and can work effectively in a diverse team in-country and virtually with team members based throughout the world.
- Degree (or recognized formal qualifications) in Education or Social Sciences
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in Community Engagement
- Track record of engaging civil society networks, NGOs and government agencies
- Experience in the design and implementation of humanitarian and/or development programmes, with at least 2 years’ experience in partnership based programming or community based programming
- Experience of supporting humanitarian preparedness, response and recovery
- Fluent in English and a high level of English writing skills.
- Knowledge of other languages of northeast Nigeria a plus
- Willingness to travel to insecure locations for work
- Experience delivering Training of Trainers (ToT) content
- Demonstrated Community Outreach a plus
About CLEAR Global
CLEAR Global exists to help people get vital information, and be heard, whatever language they speak. We believe that everyone has the right to give and receive information in a language and format they understand. We work with nonprofit partners and a global community of language professionals to build local language translation capacity, and raise awareness of language barriers. Our network of over 100,000 community members translate millions of words of life-saving and life-changing information a year.
CLEAR Global employees and volunteers are people who believe passionately about the value of this work and take personal responsibility for achieving the mission. CLEAR Global’s mission and organizational spirit embody the core values established in its strategic framework:
- Excellence: As the leading voice for communicating humanitarian information in the right language, CLEAR Global is a leader in the translation industry and in the non-profit sector.
- Integrity: CLEAR Global believes that every person, whether it’s the people who we serve, our volunteers or our staff, has value, deserves respect and has inherent dignity.
- Empowerment: CLEAR Global believes in using language to empower people around the world to control their own development and destiny.
- Innovation: CLEAR Global recognizes and celebrates the power of innovation to address humanitarian and crisis issues around the world.
- Sustainability: CLEAR Global recognizes that meeting our mission necessitates establishment and maintenance of a solid financial and organizational infrastructure.
- Tolerance: Our staff and volunteers are highly knowledgeable and skilled; value each other, our partner and our recipients; create a supportive work environment; and, conduct themselves professionally at all times.
CLEAR Global may re-advertise the vacancy, cancel the recruitment, offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration at its discretion.
How to apply
To apply, please click here