All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity, and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships
1. Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the officer position is day to day implementation of the CC Project. Use action words such as ensure, implement, or assist for the position’s relevant responsibilities
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus, and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired, or the context changes significantly.
Act as the focal point for the Site Team regarding all data, attendance, and payments.
Conduct field visits to provide support to the Site Team with Data Management.
Provide the HR department with the required information to register and de-register laborers in the Social Security Corporation.
By using the existent attendance and payment systems, generate all documentation to issue payments to laborers and follow up closely with the Finance Team to ensure payments are issued to laborers.
After receiving registration and attendance information from both host and camp teams, liaise with the donor’s Data Entry focal point to ensure laborers are registered and payments are entered correctly in the donor’s system.
Ensure that the attendance data is collected daily from the field and verify the accuracy of the information. This position is responsible for the data entry to two main databases (NRC internal and donor databases), and cross-checks to ensure data is matching.
Support the archiving of all attendance and payment-related documents both physical and online files.
Support the Information Management Team Leader in ensuring Quality Control by identifying and addressing any errors.
Support the labourer recruitment process by calculating the vulnerabilities based on the pre-set criteria and by verifying the eligibility of the applicants during the labourer recruitment process with the donor focal point.
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development Plan.
1. Ensure adherence to NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines.
2. Implement delegated CC project portfolio according to a plan of action.
3. Prepare and develop status reports as required by management.
4. Ensure proper filing of documents.
5. Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
6. Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
7. Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards & principles within NRC and amongst beneficiaries served by NRC.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
Relevant core competency implementation staff
Support teams, Finance, HR, Admin, and Logistics
Scale and scope of the position
Stakeholders: Donor Agency Data Focal Point
Budgets: List of budgets covered by postholder, and size of budget
Information: Program data systems, Excel, ODK, KOBO, Power BI, Power Queries
Legal or compliance: NA
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organization to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge, and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
• Experience from working as a Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
• Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Some knowledge of English
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
• Professional technical experience matching the above-mentioned duties and
responsibilities, including the ability to work with Kobo ToolBox (essential), Advanced
Excel including Power Queries, Power BI
• A minimum of 2 years experience in Information Management or a relevant role
• Relevant educational background or experience of the humanitarian sector
• Willingness to work in the field
• Attention to detail is a must.
2. Behavioural competencies
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioral competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
Planning and delivering results
Empowering and building trust
Communicating with impact and respect
Handling insecure environment