The LFS Officer will be responsible for supporting the implementation and reporting of all LFS projects being implemented in the West Region Badghis. This will include participating in Data Collection field work; overseeing the beneficiary selection process in Coordination with communities, local stakeholders and other NRC units in the Badghis office ensuring that projects are being implemented on schedule; ensuring that monitoring and evaluation (M&E) plans are being implemented, and immediately flagging any challenges or delays to the LFS Coordinator.
For more information about this position , please click on Job Description and NRC Grade Structure.
• Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
• Implement delegated support function portfolio according to plan of action
• Ensure proper filing of LFS documents for future references and audit purposes
• Maintain file for all contracts and ensure that all original contracts/agreements are kept in a secure manner.
• Supervise and manage the work of LFS Assistant
• Share ideas for improvement and necessary changes in the activities.
• Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
• Adherence to NRC policies, guidance and procedures
• Development of holistic and needs based programmes, including cash-based interventions and marked based programmes
• Support the implementation of Food Security & Livelihoods projects in Badghis, including:
- Overseeing the beneficiary selection process, based on guidance and procedures set by the LFS Coordinator.
- Keeping clear and up-to-date records of distributions and activity implementation progress.
- Ensuring that baseline assessments are carried out on time, including participating in data collection and data Analysis as needed.
- Ensuring that M&E plans are implemented on time, working closely with the M&E team in the Badghis.
• Provide regular progress reports and flag any challenges or implementation delays to the LFS PM.
• Ensure the inclusion of cash-based interventions and marked based programmes in country and area-based strategies and their implementation across and within NRC’s core competencies
• Provide an enabling environment for the implementation of cash-based interventions, including cash for work.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
• Experience implementing development/Agriculture projects
• Strong computer skills (proficiency in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel is mandatory)
• Creativity, curiosity and willingness to try new things and to challenge the status quo
• A positive and collaborative attitude and willingness to work in a team
• Experience working with vulnerable communities and people (displaced people, women, youth).
• Knowledge of cash-based interventions and market based programmes
Context related skills, knowledge and experience:
• Minimum 3 years of experience in private sector development, livelihoods, income generation, Enterprise Development.
• Good written and spoken English, Dari, and Pashto.
• Experience working in small Business Development or with the private sector more generally.
• Experience in writing and appraising business proposals
• Willingness to travel to project sites in the West Region
• Planning and delivering results
• Managing resources to optimize results
• Handling insecure environments
• Empowering and building trust
• Team player & working with people
Education:Bachelor Degree in business Administration, economics, and agriculture
We offer:Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale.NRC has medical coverage for staff plus 4 dependents. Eid gratitude once per yearLeave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labor Law.Top up Credit card on monthly basis