INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Liquidity Officer
Duty station: Rome
Starting date: 01/07/2023
Contract duration: determinato
Reporting to: Director of Finance
Dependents: non-family duty station
General context of the project
The Finance Department is intentioned to highly prioritize this sensitive subject by investing in new capacities and technical solutions to improve the current planning and monitoring system of cash-flow, consistent with the new size of the organization.
General purpose of the position
Streamline the financial support through strategic information on liquidity margin, financial risk and working capital, aimed at taking effective decision making
Main responsibilities and tasks
- Design and implement a reliable Forecasting system for cash-flows (both incoming and outgoing) harmonized for HQ Rome and Missions.
- Improve the tools at HQ Rome, Regional office and Mission level for the ongoing liquidity monitoring.
- Monitor on a daily basis the general instalment plan at HQ, by encompassing bank transfers to Missions, reimbursements to Rome, liquidity offsetting. This function requires a regular liaising with HQ International Accounting unit, Country Finance Coordinators, Regional Finance Coordinators, HQ Archive manager.
- Establish in agreement with Director of Finance the optimal level of liquidity buffer in order to develop financial strategies with banks in pursuit of the organizational strategic objectives.
- Monitor thresholds to ensure current liquidity risk exposure does not deviate too much from targets and stays within the bank’s liquidity risk tolerance and risk appetite
- Support Missions and Regional offices by providing technical advice in offsetting financial operations and developing practices for optimizing cash resources among different countries based on deposit availability and liquidity needs.
- Produce liquidity reporting on a quarterly basis that aggregates and presents metrics and results to the Senior Management.
- Effectively contributing to the Analysis of specific variables impacting on liquidity (i.e., exchange rate fluctuation)
Required profile and experience
University degree (Economics, Finance or any other relevant topic)
- Experience with Risk Management, Numerical Analysis, Accounting, Finance and other Control functions
- Prior experience with Banking or Financial Services is a plus
- Strong proficiency with Excel is essential
- Knowledge of platforms (or ERP) for financial services/cashflow forecast.
Italian, English (French desired)
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment;
- Attention to detail and a proactive, problem-solving approach are required;
- Good Interpersonal Communication and relationship building skills
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply following the link below: https://www.intersos.org/posizioni-aperte/italia/#intersosorg-vacancies-italy/vacancy-details/63d1027601d72a00116f2561/
Please note that our application process is made of 3 quick steps: register (including your name, email, password and citizenship), sign-up and apply by attaching your CV in PDF format. Through the platform, candidates will be able to track their applications’ history with INTERSOS.
Please also mention the name, position and contact details of at least three references: two line managers and one HR referent. Family members are to be excluded.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the first interview.