Staff whose work requires or potentially could require any in-person interaction with Save the Children colleagues, partners, or beneficiaries must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 unless otherwise required by law. Save the Children complies with federal, state, and local laws with regard to accommodations related to this policy.
The Lead Associate, Diverse Talent Attraction will proactively create talent pipelines for a variety of positions for Save the Children US, building awareness of Save the Children as an employer of choice for all. In this role, you will work with the Talent Attraction and Acquisition team to identify diverse agency talent and sourcing gaps for immediate and future hiring needs. You will be responsible for building interest in our mission and employment opportunities with potential job seekers and job seeker networks, particularly representing marginalized populations. You will also have the opportunity to learn full life cycle recruiting by supporting recruitment efforts and providing internal and external service to job seekers, teammates, and staff.
What You’ll Be Doing
Talent Attraction and Sourcing Partnerships (75%)
- Develop and execute inclusive sourcing strategies to ensure qualified and diverse candidates are attracted to apply to Save the Children current and future employment opportunities. Sourcing efforts should include outreach to passive candidates, constant discovery and outreach to new sources, and leveraging external and internal networks and partners
- Develop and enhance established and new relationships with diverse Educational Institutions, alumni networks, professional associations, and other talent pipeline networks
- Develop and leverage internal and external networks and subject matter experts to understand and engage available resources
- Identify, plan, attend diverse career fairs and other recruitment events as needed
- Ensure that our open vacancies are advertised as appropriate with existing and new talent sourcing partners
- Conduct monthly sourcing meetings with Managing Director, Talent Attraction and Acquisition and Division leads to understand upcoming talent needs in advance
- Support and maintain the tracking and analyzing of sourcing-related metrics to address problem-spots and celebrate successes. Collaborate with Managing Director, TAA to ensure accurate Data Collection and reporting on recruiting metrics
Recruitment Support (25%)
- Support recruitment process by conducting thorough prescreens of applicants to ensure that talent presented to hiring managers is appropriate for consideration, per technical qualifications and Save the Children behavioral competencies
- Schedule and attend intake meetings as needed
- Post new recruitment opportunities via our applicant tracking system within 24 hours of receipt
- Complete reference checks and process background checks of finalist candidates, escalating any variances as per process
- Assist in internal and external event planning for Intern and Fellow programs
- Support contingent staffing requests, tracking monthly temporary usage, and addressing any service concerns
- High School diploma or equivalent, plus at least 3 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering and maintaining an environment of diversity, inclusion, and belonging
- Demonstrated experience sourcing qualified talent using a variety of sources
- Demonstrated client service with a proven ability to build effective external and internal relationships and networks
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with individuals and teams at all levels, both internally and externally
- Proven knowledge of basic Human Resources principles and practices
- Demonstrated experience utilizing Applicant Tracking Systems
- Proven success in time management, organization, and follow-up skills, with demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities, often with conflicting deadlines
- Proven ability to learn and adapt quickly in a dynamic and sometimes ambiguous environment
- Professional proficiency in MS Office suite
- Professional proficiency in spoken and written English
- Established pipeline networks and social media presence
- Demonstrated experience building institutional partnerships to maintain sourcing pipelines
- Familiarity with LinkedIn Recruiter
Save the Children is offering the following salary ranges for this position, dependent on candidate location:
- Geo 1 - NY Metro, DC, and other locations with labor costs significantly above national average: Target Salary for this position is $66,300 – $74,100 base salary
- Geo 2 - Locations around the US National Labor Cost Average: Target Salary for this position is $60,350 – $67,450 base salary
- Geo 3 - Locations significantly below the US National Labor Cost Average: Target Salary for this position is $54,400 – $60,800 base salary
Actual base salary may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, base salary of internal peers, business sector, and geographic location. Employee may be eligible for an incentive program. Save the Children also offers paid vacation, accrued at least 12 days a year, depending on paygrade and length of service, paid safety and wellness leave of at least 1 day per month worked for a full time employee which is pro rata reduced for employees working less than a full time schedule, and at least 10 paid holidays a year. Employees may be eligible for additional bonus compensation. Save the Children US also offers outstanding benefits that include health, dental, vision and life insurances, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program, a retirement savings plan with employer contribution, family leave, paid parental/adoption leave of 60 days, commuter benefits, paid caregiver leave days, 1 paid volunteer day a year, paid critical child illness leave days, dress for your day, and much more.
Why you should join the Save the Children Team…
Save the Children US offers outstanding benefits that include health, dental, vision and life insurances, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an Employee Assistance Program, 403(b), generous vacation, personal sick leave, family leave, parental/adoption leave, commuter benefits, dress for your day, and much more.
Click here to learn more about how Save the Children US will invest in YOU!
About Save the Children
No matter your role when you join Save the Children, each and every day you will challenge yourself to devote your skills, talent and expertise to changing the world for kids. It’s an ambitious goal, and a meaningful one no matter how you see yourself professionally: an Accountant, a writer, a data Analyst, a teacher, a driver, a Designer, or any one of the hundreds of dozens of roles we’re looking to fill every day.
You see, Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In the United States and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Our work for children and their families requires that we commit—at every opportunity—to work together to identify and dismantle persistent systemic and structural racism, inequality, and any other forms of discrimination in this country and beyond. As an anti-racist organization, Save the Children will not tolerate discrimination in any form—in our employment practices, amongst our staff, in our leadership or toward the people we serve. We stand in solidarity with all people to fight for equal rights, justice, inclusion, and belonging.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom we are in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of Child Abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation.
Save the Children is committed to minimizing safety and security risks for our valued employees, ensuring all are given training, support and information to reduce their risk exposure while maximizing the impact of our programs for children and families. Our shared duty, both agency and individual, is to seek and maintain safe working conditions for all.
How to apply
Click here to apply to vacancy