Junior Registration Business Analyst
United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA)
Result of Service
6 monthsDuties and Responsibilities
UNRWA will be modernizing its Refugee Registration Information System (RRIS) to align with updated international standards for civil registration to ensure unhindered, secure, and protected access to UNRWA’s services. This entails the creation of an individual client-based registration system with an integrated online portal for secure access to and updating of registration records by clients that will constitute the master database for all UNRWA service provision and verification of service eligibility. The current system holds the active files of 5.7 million Palestine refugees and 0.7 million other service eligible persons. The system will re-organise existing registration files to link these with historic archival records and prepare the same for an online platform making available documentation for publicly accessible documentation on displacement of Palestine refugees from 1948 to date. The project will be guided by a team of civil registration and Data Protection experts and implementation of the new system design is foreseen through an external IT service provider.
Under the overall guidance of the Head of Refugee Registration and Eligibility Services and the direct supervision of the Business Analyst, on the following tasks:
• Support the HQ Business Analyst in rolling out new initiatives that increase team efficiency and productivity.
• Conducting research and Analysis to assist the head of registration department with the process of business decision making
• Execute the functional technical testing of Relief and Social Services Department (RSSD) systems and changes.
• Write the user manuals, and user acceptance testing reports.
• Assist the business analyst in the User Acceptance Testing exercise for all new releases related to the RRIS Modernization project.
• Report to the IMTD all the problems faced by the Historic Archive Project Team.
• Ensuring data integrity, accuracy, timeliness, and maintenance of Refugee Registration Information System (RRIS)
• Undertaking detailed analysis of assigned RSS business processes, define application user requirements; develop relevant technical and functional specifications ensuring alignment of systems with business strategies.
• Collaborate and coordinate with teams and departments to ensure completion of business analytics
• Work on any other task as requested by their direct supervisor.
• A university degree from an accredited educational institution in Computer Science, or any engineering specialization, or a related discipline
• Good knowledge of quality control and business/Data Analysis.
• At least 3 years of experience in Business Analysis or quality control or data analysis.
• Experience in using a variety of Software Applications to support communication and collaboration, and to create and maintain requirements artifacts, model concepts, track issues, and increase overall productivity.
• Applying technical expertise
• Analytical thinking and Problem Solving
• Creativity and innovation
• Planning and organizing
• Detail and quality orientation
• Written and verbal communication skills.
• Interaction skills
• Good command of spoken and written English and Arabic
• The incumbents will be based in Beirut.
• The duration of the consultancy is 6 months with possibility of extension subject to availability of funds.
• Remuneration will be set at 1,187.60 USD per month.
• One and a half day annual leave days per month.
THE United Nations DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CONCERN ITSELF WITH INFORMATION ON APPLICANTS’ BANK ACCOUNTS.