Chemonics seeks a part-time IT specialist for the Supporting Moderate Education in Syria program, referred to as the Injaz program. The Injaz Program is funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs (NEA) and assists children and youth in northeast Syria with limited or no access to education since the start of ISIS occupation in 2013. The IT specialist supports the project’s IT systems and infrastructure and provides support to project staff and stakeholders, focused on both Systems Management and Security" id="link" class="link">Information Security. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.Apply Now
- Troubleshooting system, endpoint, and network problems, diagnosing, and solving hardware, software, or network faults
- Install, configure, and maintain computer hardware, system software (Operating Systems) and applications
- Provide timely Technical Support and training to Project Personnel
- Provide maintenance and control of software and hardware related to servers, firewalls, switches, computers, laptops, printers, scanners, etc.
- Liaise with Chemonics’ home office IT teams to ensure compliance with IT-related policies and procedures
- Ensure that the project IT systems are compliant with Chemonics’ IT Security Standards.
- Add or remove devices from Azure Active Directory/Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Reset users’ passwords and MFA settings when needed
- Respond to endpoint protection security alerts and escalate when needed
- Address unauthorized software and respond to security incidents affecting the project equipment.
- Administer and maintain the local area network (LAN), including switches, access points and firewalls
- Administer and manage IT equipment, including inventory management, software versions, updates, licenses, etc.
- Research new IT applications with the objective of optimizing office functions
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Information Technology
- Experience with Office 365 services
- Experience with Identity Providers (IdP) like Microsoft Active Directory/Azure Active Directory
- Experience with configuration Management Systems like Group Policy, SCCM, Microsoft Endpoint Manager
- Experience in networking fundamentals (LAN/WAN), preferably on Meraki products
- Strong English communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to work in a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Arabic language skills highly preferred