The European Centre for Electoral Support (ECES) is a non-profit private foundation headquartered in Brussels a global remit. ECES promotes sustainable democratic development through the provision of Advisory Services and operational support in favor of all electoral stakeholders, including electoral management bodies, Civil Society Organizations dealing with civic & voter education and election observation, political parties and parliaments dealing with electoral reforms, media, security forces and legal institutions dealing to electoral dispute resolutions.
Since February 2012, ECES has signed over 70 contracts in support of transparent, credible and cost-effective electoral processes and the strengthening of democratic institutions in more than 35 countries mainly, but not only, in Africa and Middle East. In addition to that, the founders and personnel of ECES have acquired extensive field experience and, taken together, ECES can count on a specific knowledge and a well-established network in over 70 countries around the world. The EU is by far the largest ECES’ donor, however the organization has also signed contracts and partnered with many other organisations.
Under the daily guidance of the Programmes and Operation team, and ECES HQ focal point appointed by the Director" id="link" class="link">Executive Director, the Project Officer will have the following specific responsibilities and provide the following deliverables:
- Support to communication tasks through the updating of visibility tools (social media presence & website);
- Support for liaison, Coordination, and representation of ECES;
- Support in identifying funding opportunities;
- Support for the development of resource mobilization strategies ;
- Organization of ECES management unit meetings;
- Contribute effectively to project management;
- Support in the elaboration and follow-up of the project budget;
- Assist in the process of ordering and collecting office consumables and stationery, supplies;
- Printing/copying and filing contracts;
- Assist in organizing coordination meetings;
- Support the drafting of documents, including contracts, travel authorisations, non-disclosure agreements, activity reports etc
To be successful in this role you need:
- Advanced Degree in Administration, political sciences, law, International Relations or Education: other related field.
- Ability to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Ability to work with results-orientation and efficiency in a multi-tasking environment.
- Strong planning communication and writing skills;.
- Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility, responsibility, integrity, team work, self-motivated, preparedness to work off-time;
- Ability to work with result orientation and efficiency in a multi-tasking environment;
- Ability to perform effectively under high pressure, hardship conditions;
- Excellent working level of English language in both writing and speaking. Fluency in French is considered an asset.
Applicants must be Brussels based, and should have all valid required legal documents (residence permit, work permit..) for the entire duration of the internship.
Please note that this is an unpaid position, and that applications are considered on a rolling basis for a minimum duration of three (3) months. We do encourage you to send your CV, and motivation letter as soon as possible.
You may also find the full Terms of Reference (ToR) for the position HERE
How to apply
Please submit your CV in PDF format to email@example.com in this respective template and save the document as CV_Surname-Name-MM.YYYY