Child neglect, abuse and abandonment is everywhere. Families are at risk of separation. Locally led, we work in more than 130 countries and territories to strengthen families who are under pressure so they can stay together. When this is not in a child or young person’s best interests, we provide quality care according to their unique needs.
Together with partners, donors, communities, children, young people and families, we enable children to grow up with the bonds they need to develop and become their strongest selves. We speak up for each child’s rights and advocate for change so all children can grow up in a supportive environment.
International Office, Communication & Brand, Vienna or Innsbruck/Austria. Due to the COVID19 situation, the incumbent is expected to start working remotely within Austria.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Intern to join our strong team to:
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the Federation Communications team organising internal management communications events.
- Develop and produce content for various forms of communications material for a variety of channels and audiences.
- Coordinate the implementation of content/news for the Collaboration Platform (global intranet) according to Editorial Plan. Upload news, content and documents to and update and actualise information on the Collaboration Platform.
- Prepare monthly analytics of Collaboration Platform for internal presentation and evaluation.
- Support specific tasks / projects like the production and dissemination of the Annual Report publication, Global Newsletter, communications toolkits, re-launch of About Us-section on the Collaboration Platform.
- Align and build up Federation Communications workspaces on the Collaboration Platform.
- Support the Federation Communications team with other duties as assigned (e.g. organising team calls, preparing presentations, conducting research, creating documents, etc).
- Take an active role in the project team working on the communications tasks for the General Assembly 2021 event.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, Marketing or related discipline (or in the process of finalizing studies)
- Excellent working knowledge of English (both written and oral). Knowledge of French, Spanish or other languages is an asset.
- Strong and manifold writing skills
- Proactive working style and able to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills
- Hands-on mentality
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Experience working with content Management Systems (CMS); knowledge of sharepoint would be an asset.
- Applicants must hold a valid Austrian working permit or be eligible to work within the EU
- A diverse range of interesting tasks in a leading INGO multicultural working environment
- SOS Children’s Villages International appreciates the valuable role interns undertake in our organisation and offers a fixed gross salary of € 1.150 per month on a full time basis, including a salary adaptation after 6 months